Chapter 7: The Road To Beaver Creek

The next morning, Mushroom barks as Sean, Daniel and I pack our backpacks. "Hey, Daniel! How're you doing?" Sean asked him. "It SUCKS!!" Daniel exclaims, annoyed and angry. "I'm coming..." Sean said as I go over to the door and open it for Mushroom. "There you go, girl." I said then I go over to the boys.

"So...What's going on?" I asked as I walk in. "It doesn't fit in! There's too much stuff...It's fucking bullshit!" Daniel exclaims in anger. "Okay! No more swearing!" Sean tells him. "Sure...Like you guys are always polite..." Daniel grumbles. "Come on! Chill out." I said to him, calmly.

"What did you pack in?" Sean asked. Daniel looks down at his Draw A Lot. "What the f...Dude, you can't fit the whole room in! Don't worry. Your...super strong...big brother can help!" Sean said and he manages to pack everything into the backpack. "Awesome! Thanks, Sean..." Daniel said, smiling. "Well. Looks like we're almost set." Sean said as he stands up.

"Where's Mushroom?" Daniel asked.  "Still...peeing, I guess?" I said, shrugging, as Daniel stands up. "I'm gonna check what she's up to." Daniel said. "Ok...I'll fill up our bottles and...(y/n) and I'll catch up with you guys." Sean said and Daniel walks out of the building while Sean refills the canteens with the water in the bathroom and puts them in his bag and I pack up my stuff.

"What are you humming?" Sean asked me as he walks back into the room. I look up at him and said. "I'm humming?" He chuckles as he nods, I didn't even realize I was humming. I was so focused on get everything packed I didn't realize that I was just humming away. "Oh, sorry. I guess I miss my music so much, I just started humming." I said as I hold up my now dead MP3 player before I put it away. "Just ignore me." I said to him as I turn away, my face turning red. "No, no....it's fine." He said.

"I'm just glad it was humming and not singing." I said to him. "Why?" He asked me, curiously. "Cuz I'm a lousy singer." I replied.
"Oh, come on. I bet that's not true." Sean said as he walks over to me. "It's true." I said as I look back at him. "Then sing." He said as he folds his arms. "Oh hell no!" I exclaimed.
"Well, how will I know if you're good or not?" Sean asked. "You'll never know, cause you're never gonna find out." I said then I wink at him and he begins to chuckle.
"Okay, okay. I won't push you." He said and I smiled a bit. "Thanks." I said then I noticed that Daniel hadn't returned. "Daniel's been gone for awhile, I think we should go check on them." I said and Sean nods then we leave the house to find Daniel and Mushroom.

"Daniel! Daniel! Hey, you out here?" Sean calls out. "Daniel!" I called out then I turn to Sean. "Where is he...?" I asked. "I don't know. We have a two day walk ahead of us...we've got to get going." Sean said and I nod at him.
"DANIEL? WHERE ARE YOU?" I called out as we walked around the snowy grounds. "DUDE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Sean calls out as well. Then I come upon an old canoe and saw something that made my jaw drop. "SEAN!" I shouted and he runs over to me and I point out the spot of blood in the snow.

"What the fuck happened here?" He asked.
"I don't know. Something's not right." I said and we began to follow the trail in the snow, then we spot Mushroom's bandanna on a path leading up into the woods. "That's not good..." Sean said and he crawls under the tree trunk. I follow him as Sean picks up the bandanna, then we see more blood along the trail on the ground. We follow the tracks up the hill, finding Daniel facing off against a cougar.

"Daniel?!" I call out, in fear, as Sean whispers in shock. "Oh, shit..."

As the cougar growled; Mushroom was on the ground between Daniel and the cougar, dead and bloody. "Daniel! Do not move..." Sean said as we walk closer to Daniel. "It killed her! She was my friend!" Daniel screams in anger as he turns to look at us. "Calm down, okay? Listen..." I said as Sean reaches out to him but he pulls out his brother's grip. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" Daniel screams and uses his power to lift the cougar.