Chapter 21: Dust to Dust

As we go through the main room of the church, we could hear Lisbeth praying. Inside, Daniel was on his knees levitating candles with her. "O' Lord, let your power speak through this young vessel! I am your humble servant and will obey your every command!" Lisbeth said as we watch this in shock.

"Sean. (Y/n). What the hell is this..." Karen asked, shocked, as Lisbeth goes on with the prayer. "Speak to me!" She cries.
"It's Daniel..." I replied to her. "Speak..." Lisbeth shouts. "I told you, he's... kinda special." Sean said to Karen then he steps forward. "Hey..." he shouts, making Daniel and Lisbeth look over at us.

"Sean! (Y/n)! You guys came back!" Daniel exclaims in excitment as he uses his power to put the candles back ok the table. "enano... little cub... Come with us, Daniel. We're leaving." Sean said. "I'm sorry, Sean... I can't..." Daniel said. "She's full of shit, munchkin! And she's using you!" I said as Lisbeth goes over to Daniel and places her hands on his shoulder.

"Daniel has made his choice, (y/n). But I'm offering you and Seam to join us again. Put your faith in me, and you two will be family." She said. "Never." Sean and I said, in unison. "So that's your final decision. May the Lord have mercy on your lost souls... It's time for you two to leave our sanctuary. Right now." Lisbeth commanded. "Not without my brother." Sean said, firmly. "I'm not going anywhere! This is my home... She's my family now." Daniel exclaims.

"Daniel, listen! She's not your family." Karen shouts as she takes a few steps forward. "Guys, who is she?" Daniel asked as he gestures towards Karen. "Our mother... She came here for you..." Sean said and Daniel's eyes widen and his jaw drops as he stares at Karen.

"O' praise the Lord, another miracle at our church! Wonderful! it's all right, Daniel... go see her. I mean, she's right there... Don't be afraid..." Lisbeth said as she looks down at Daniel, who keeps looking between her and Karen. "I... I don't know her." He said, unsure. "Of course... I know this is hard for you, my son." Lisbeth said. "Stop calling him that! You're just manipulating him, you sicko." Karen yells at her, angrily.

"That's in the eye of the beholder... But since you are his mother, let me ask you... How could you let your child wander alone in the wilderness? Where were you when Daniel was lost? Where?" Lisbeth asked as she looks down at Karen.

"Listen, Daniel. I came here as soon as I found out you were here, on your own." Karen said, ignoring Lisbeth. "I'm not on my own!" Daniel exclaims. "Children are a gift from the Lord, they are a reward from Him. You were blessed with a divine gift...and you cast him out into the world!" Lisbeth said and Karen glares at her.

"Who the hell are you?" She asked Lisbeth, angrily. "You might have been his mother once... but when you abandoned him... you also gave up your rights." Lisbeth said, ignoring her question. "Isn't your God all about forgiveness?" Karen asked her. "You have no idea what the Bible says. How can you pretend to care about these children? You left your sons... and your husband... to seek out your base desires...and the girl you barely know her..." Lisbeth said then Karen ignores her as she looks over at Daniel.

"Daniel, honey, she's trying to trick you... Please... Think by yourself... You're smarter than this." She said. "Daniel, she's responsible for what happened to your father." Lisbeth said to Daniel. "You don't know anything! It was an accident. That's what this world is about: accidents, injustice, pain. I'm just so sorry, Daniel. I know... I know how much I hurt you and your brother by leaving. I know that's not enough, but... I hope we can talk about this... together." She said then she looks over at Sean. "That's what I've been trying to tell your brother... And I'm so glad he listened... You gotta trust us... She's using you for her selfish desires." Karen said to them.

"Daniel, this time the choice is yours. Are you going to believe her? Or me?" Lisbeth asked and Daniel looks between her and us. "I... uh... I..." Daniel stammers, unsure, before Lisbeth speaks over him. "That's right. You can't tempt Daniel from this garden. He'll stay with us... his true family. And we'll never leave him." She said.