Chapter 23: Sand People

"Hey, I'm gonna go see what Joan is doing." Daniel said as we made it back to Away. "Go fo it. We have to bring back the telescope to Stanely and Arthur." Sean said to Daniel as he runs off to Joan's house. I smiled then walked up to Karen's trailer and see a note on the window. "Went to town for weekly supplies. Some pancakes left in the kitchen. Back soon." I read and Sean smiles as I open the door and we put out bags in the trailer. 

"Daniel, you copy?" Sean asked after picking up a walkie-talkie. "Yes, I read you! 10-4." Daniel replied and I giggled and shake my head at this. "I have a pancake alert in the kitchen. Repeat: pancake alert." Sean said to him. "Uh, actually, I was gonna eat breakfast with Joan. Over and out." Daniel said and Sean chuckles. "10-4. No flying pancakes today." Sean said as he puts the walkie-talkie away.

"Looks like more pancakes for us." I said to him as I pull out the telescope from the bag. "And we have the place to ourselves...for awhile." Sean said, giving me a knowing look. "Down, wolf boy." I teased as I walked backed in the trailer. 

Suddenly, I felt Sean's fingers starting tickling my side. I let out a surprised yelp then started to laugh as he continued to tickle me. "Sean, stop!" I said, in between my laughs. "That's not what you said to me the other night." He whispers to me; referring to the night he and I had when we went out into the canyons and we were left alone there, just the two of us. My jaw dropped at this and I turned to him. "Sean Diaz!" I exclaimed, in shock, then I playfully slapped his chest as he laughs then wraps his arms around me.

We chuckled together then leaned our foreheads together and look at each other in the eyes. "I love you." Sean said to me. "I love you too." I said then I lean up and kiss him, softly and slowly. "But I love pancakes more." I said, teasingly, as I go over to the table and see the pancakes. Sean then gives me a fake shocked look. "Ouch! That hurt!" He said, pretending to be hurt. I let out a giggle and said. "You know I'm just teasing, right?" 

"Uh huh, yeah, sure." He said, sarcastically, but he smiled at me, letting me know that he knew I was. I smiled then handed a pancake to him as I grab the other. "Here you go, wolf boy." I said and we ate up the pancakes until we were full.

"Okay, I'm sure Arthur and Stanely want their telescope back." I said and I start to walk out when Sean grabs my arm and pulls me towards him. "What are you--?" I started to ask until he leans down and kisses me, I smiled into the kiss and kiss him back. We had a little make-out session until I break the kiss then we look at each other, lovingly, for a few moments. 

"Come on, let's take the telescope back." I said and he nods. "Okay, okay." He said and we pick up the telescope and make our way out.

We walked down the little road and passed Joan's place to see Daniel was helping Joan with her sculptures. "What's up, Joan?" Sean asked her as we walk up to her. "See for yourself." She said as she nods over to the float metal piece that Daniel aas working on. "Man, check this out!" Daniel said and he moves the piece around the air. "Okay, Daniel, let's take a little break." Joan said as she placed her hand on his shoulder. "Got it." He said and he brought the piece down back to Earth. 

Joan walks over to Sean and I and said. "That child is...something special." I chuckle as Sean nods. "Yeah, I hear this one a lot, don't worry..." he said. "Yeah, I bet! But you have your own talent, Sean." Joan said and Sean looks over at her. "I'm dead serious!" She said. "It's nothing special, compared to what he has..." Sean replied. 

"Well...what he has some next level sci-fi shit, Sean. You can't compare yourself to him. None of us can. But you have is a precious gift, that will guide you through this cosmogonic mess. If you let it." She said to him and he chuckles and smiles a bit.