Chapter 12

Just like Damien said, after work I finish cleaning the bar, then walk to his office. He sat at his chair while smoking his cigarette. He smirks upon seeing me enter.

"I love seeing your smile." He basically jumps out of his chair to wrap his arms around me.

"You make me smile."

"I'm glad that I do. I only want you to be happy."

"I am happy. I'm happy that I found you." We lean in and connect our lips. In a flash, I see the red again.

      Damien with those red evil eyes with flames surrounding him. Horns on top of his head. Anything but angelic wings on his back side. And a crown made of iron siting upon his head. He was evil; he was the definition of darkness and cruelty. He looks like a demon from hell.

"Katarina! Are you alright?"

"What? What happened?"

"We were kissing when you...passed out. Then you got a bloody nose." I lift my finger to feel the liquid dripping out of my nose. His word is true. I use the back of my hand to whip it clean.

"Are you okay Katarina?"

"I think so. I don't know what happened."

"You sure?"

"Yes. I'm perfectly fine." Anything but. I have no idea what I saw, but it was something to look in to. And there was no way I am telling Damien. I know I shouldn't lie to him; relationships are built on trust. But he might think I'm crazy. This wouldn't end well.

"Well, I was wondering if you would want to go on a date with me?"

"So you're asking me this time? Last time you demanded I did."

"I had to make sure you were mine. Now that you are, everything's fine."

"You are insane Damien Blackwood."

"Only for you." He kisses me again, but no red flashes this time. His grip around my waist grows as he pulls me closer.

      I can feel myself falling for him even more. I feel as if I've known him all my life. It's only been a few days, but I've fallen for him. I'm madly in love with this man.

        Everything I knew about love was a lie. It's dangerous and can get you broken, but it also heals you. There are many ups and downs to being in love. I just hope this is an up. I can't afford to be hurt. I'm not strong enough; my powers could consume me.

      I can't explain it. My soul earns for him. Two broken souls to fit into one. Like our souls were bonded together.

"Of course I'll go out with you."

"Did I forget to mention that the others would be joining us?"

"Excuse me?"

"A group hangout?"

"Fine. If it means I get to be with you, then fine."

"Tomorrow at my house."

"I'll be there. Now I have to go home to feed my cat."

"I swear Salem hates me."

"She's just protective over me. And craves my undying attention. She's jealous."

"So am I."

"See you tomorrow Damien."

      I get home soon after. I change into my pajamas and get comfy on the couch. Salem decides to be my blanket; falling down right on my lap.

"You crazy cat."

       I grab my remote and turn on the tv. I flip through the shows, passing the news. But a picture of a familiar face makes me go back to the news channel.

"A poor woman was killed in her own home this very night. Police have said there were no signs of forced entry. The room was destroyed and blood was everywhere. The only thing left was the woman's heart. DNA tests confirm that the woman was no other then Ruby Night. To the friends and family of Ruby, we are mourning with you. And we promise she will get justice... thank you for watching."

       Ruby. She...she was gone? My care giver was...gone? Nothing left but a heart?

      Who would do this? She didn't do anything wrong. And how could I be so cruel to her in my younger days? All she did was protected me, but I took her for granted. You don't realize you need something until it's gone.

       I can't control the tears falling from my eyes. Ruby is dead. Gone like she was never here.

      I look back at the paused tv screen; the date. October 19th.

October 20th was the day my mother died.

      I've lost my mother and my aunt. I never knew my father and I have no other family. I'm alone in this cruel world. I am the last of the Night line. The most powerful witch to ever walk this earth. All alone.

Everyone is dead.

Aunt Ruby
My mother
Everyone I ever knew.

All dead.

       What am I to do? Move on from this? My family is dead. I might as well be dead. I'll live on till there's nothing left. Zara will be dust. And Damien; possibly the love of my life.

        Crazy how one little incident can scare you for life. I just can't believe Ruby is dead. After all this time, she finally kicked the bucket.

        I don't know how I'll survive the next couple of days. Ruby's death and now mother's death anniversary.

Hopefully she finds peace, where ever she is. Pray for the Grim Reaper if he meets her.

Sorry for the short chapter

The next one will be longer, I promise.

Hope you enjoyed🖤