Chapter 33

Two days later....

    Everything is becoming too real. The wedding was fast approaching; I was going to be Damien's wife. More importantly, I was going to be Hell's queen.

   But that's not my problem at the moment. Axel was coming for me; me and my little girl. I would bleed for my Aurora. Kill me, do anything you want to me; just don't hurt Damien or Aurora.

   To blame Damien for this mess would be easy. In truth, it was his fault; Axel is after him and everyone he loves. But his faults are mine to bare as well as him.

   I've been scared many times in my life. But I'm not scared of much because of those incidents. The thing different now, is that this fear is bigger than me. Than all of us.

    Fear of loosing my family; My true family. Axel is the reaper; Damien is the devil.

We shouldn't fear the reaper, yet fear the devil.

     And just like every morning, Damien and I lay in our bedroom. I watch as the snow falls from the cloudy sky. Nothing but white for miles and miles. As for Damien, he runs fingers through my hair while dragging his finger, slowly against my skin.

"What's wrong?"

"You've been asking me that same question for weeks now. You should know the answer by now."

"And I say the same thing in response."

"Say it again then. Give me comfort that we will be okay."

"We will be okay, Kat. Our daughter will live and so will you. I won't let my disgrace of a brother get his hands on our family."

"What if he does?"

"Don't say that. Saying it, makes it real."

"What do we do?"

"Move the wedding."

"What?" I shoot up and face him; his face stone cold. Deadly serious as the words leaves his lips.

"Move it closer. Our marriage will give hope to the people. It will make you untouchable."

"Maybe not untouchable to Axel."

"Doesn't matter. I love you and I want you to be mine forever."

"Let's do it."

"One week is enough, right? I can't wait to be your husband."

"I love you." The door opens and closes so fast; a little figure jumps right on the bed. Cuddling right in between Damien and I.

"My princess." I brush my fingers through her brown locks; her chubby cheeks are rosy and warm. A rose in the middle of winter.

"Mommy, look at this." She closes her palms together, only to open them a few seconds later. A tiny little daisy sprouts out of thin air.

My little princess is now my little witch.

"That's amazing, princess. You're just like mommy now." Damien grabs the flower out of our daughters hands and places it behind her ear.

"Really?"

"Yes princess. You have magic, just like me."

"Yay! Can I learn more?" I smile lovingly at my Aurora; she gives me nothing but joy and pride.

"Let's learn some, shall we?"

*  *  *

    As Aurora and I sit in the frosty garden, I showed her different tricks. To grow a flower from nothing, but some dirt; melt away ice from this winter; to heal back life once it's past on to death.

    She would clap her hands and continue to yell that she wanted to try; And that she did. Somethings were to big for her to do; she was only a little girl at that. Her witch magic wasn't as strong. I don't know if that's because she's still young, or because she's the devil's daughter. Her demon side must be more dominant than her witch side.

That goes opposite for me.

"Aurora, you know that I love you right?"

"Yes mommy."

"And you know that I would do anything to keep you safe."

"Yes. I love you Mommy."

"And I love you. I swear that I will protect you."

"I will protect you and daddy, mommy. I wouldn't let anything happen to you."

"That's my little warrior."

    It seemed to get colder. Even with the icy winds and the snow fall, it wasn't as cold as this. The earth just shifted; something not of this world has come here.

    Aurora continues to practice her magic. Not noticing the uneven feeling in the air. I get up from my place and walk a little ways away from her.

Something, or rather someone is coming.

"Katarina." The voice sends chills down my spin. My bones went shift and my mouth dried.

The screams. The fire. Then just ash blowing in the wind.

   It all came back to me. I had forgotten that pain; I had forgot her. She was long gone and so was her sister.

  Through the snowflakes, I could see them. The ghostly white figures that stood, side by side. Looking only at me. They could blend right in with the frost.

"How are you here?" They didn't answer.

"Why are you here?"

"We are here to help you." My mother's expression turned to a scared freight; like she was actually scared for me.

"Help me? Your help has gotten me no where."

"Don't marry Damien." My aunt says

"You are only saying that because you both hate him. You tried your whole life, just to keep me away from him. And maybe it worked, yet here I am."

"If you marry Damien, then all will suffer."

"I will not suffer. I will thrive. You both died trying to keep me from my fate."

"You are not safe with him. You will die if you marry him. Everyone will bleed."

"Both if you know nothing. You are dead. You don't know anything about me."

"Please Katarina. Think this through."

"I have. I love Damien. He is my everything. And you...you are dead. You died because you went against us. Leave."

     With one finally beg of their eyes, they vanish in the air. Turning into mist before flying off into the snow.

     An attempt to get me to leave Damien. That's all they have ever done; tried to get me to do what they want. Do things that were best for them.

They don't know me.

They are nothing.

Nothing but ghosts.

I wrote another! In the same day!

Hope you all enjoy!!!!