Chapter Twenty-Four

Stirring to the feel of feather light caresses and kisses on her back. Charlottes eyes fluttered open to see the sun starting to rise above the ocean view that could be seen through the now open doors and windows.

"Best kind of view to wake up to." She hears a whisper as an arm snakes around her waist and a warm, naked body presses up against her.

"It is beautiful out there, isnt it?" Smiling as she nuzzled her face back in to the pillow, not wanting to fully wake up in case she was dreaming.

"Meh. Its alright. Prefer the view in here though." He kissed her shoulder. Running his hand up the length of her arm until he reached her shoulder, he turned her on to her back to look at her. She kept her eyes closed and smiled as she felt little kisses on her eyelids. "Lottie," he said in a raspy, just woken up voice. "I need to talk to you about something."

"Please, please dont spoil the moment." She whispered and her eyes screwed shut.

"I need to get it off my chest, its been weighing on me since Monday. I dont want it tainting the entire holiday." She still hadn't opened her eyes. "Look at me, please Lott." Her eyes opened and he smiled down at her, giving her a quick kiss. "I heard you and Ellie talking in your office on Monday." She frowned. "I was stood by the door a while before I knocked." Looking away ashamed that he had been listening in. Moving his arm from off of her, she sat up and pulled the sheet with her, shielding herself form him.

"Why? Why would you do that?" She sounded hurt which was the last thing he wanted her to be.

"I didn't intend to! But then you got upset and were saying how you wouldn't have the right to be mad or jealous if Id agreed to go out with Courtney. That hurt, ya know!" Sitting up and rubbing the back of his neck. "I haven't looked at another woman since Jen, not until I moved back and found that you were back too, anyway." He let out a sigh. "Especially after the day of Rosies party, you're the only woman thats been on my mind and it hurt that you thought Id disregard everything thats been building between us, for some girl with a crush!" Tears started to fill her eyes. "I was hurt for a minute but then it dawned on me that, thats exactly what Jack would do to you. But Lottie you need to remember, Im not him! And then saying you've got baggage, with having Rosie. Ellie was right! I was pissed. I would never and have never seen her like that! Shes a smart, beautiful little girl. Heart breaker in the making... Not that she'll be getting to see anyone or bringing any guys home. Not until shes at least thirty anyway." He ended with a chuckle to try lighten the mood a little.

She looked away from him as a tear fell. He heard her whisper "I'm sorry."

"Hey!" Pulling her round to face him again. "You've got nothing to be sorry about. I shouldn't have been listening but I'm glad I was because I know where this pretty little head of yours is at now." She crawled over to him and climbed on to his lap. "I wouldn't have said anything but I just; seeing how upset you got over that situation. I wanted you to know I would never do that to you! There is only you. There will only ever..."

"I love you!" She rushed. His eyes closing as he let out a sigh.

"Lottie," He breathed.

"I know it's probably too soon, but I do." She took a deep breath "It's ok if you don't say it back, I didn't say it because I wanted to hear it..."

"Lottie..."

"Truth be told, Ive loved you for a really long time." She was babbling and he found it adorable.

"I love you too." Finally stopping she looked at him. "Have done for a little while now. Just wanted to tell you at the right time." He smiled and kissed her. "I'm surprised Ellie didn't tell you, considering she told you pretty much everything else from the conversation I had with Ad."