Chapter Forty-Five.

It was Wednesday night, Charlotte and Ben had decided that they would start staying at the house and Ben could move his things in as and when he was ready.

Charlotte was sat on the sofa trawling through work emails while Rosie sat beside her on the floor doing a jigsaw puzzle for a while before her bed time. Ben was flicking through the news channel's while a snoozing Bonny was curled up by his feet. Casually glancing to watch the pair concentrate on what they were doing, a content smile gracing his face.

"I'm going to go wash up." He told them as he got up from the chair.

"Leave it, you cooked! I'll do it once I've finished this." Charlotte looked up at him briefly and smiled.

"It's fine, honest." He said as he kissed her on the head and made his way through to the kitchen. Bonny hot on his heels.

"Don't get your cast wet!" She told him as he walked towards the door.

"Mum..."

"Yeah sweetie?"

"Yeah sweetie?"

"Because it's your birthday on Friday...can I make you your birthday waffles?"

"I dont know sweet, its not safe for you to cook by yourself. You can help me make them though."

Ben heard birthday and stopped in the doorway. Internally cussing at himself for not remembering. Rushing in to the kitchen to try come up with a plan of action.

"I'm just going to take Bonny out back." He called through to them. Opening the door and closing it behind him watching the young pup run off around the garden, he pulled out his phone and called Ellie but she didnt answer. "Fuck sake!" Next on the list to try was Tasha, no answer again. "Give me a break!"

"Hello marathon man."

"Sally!"

"Everything ok?" She asked.

"Marathon man?.. Yeah everything is fine." He shook his head "What does Charl usually do for her birthday?" He asked.

"Oh, well it depends on what day it lands on I guess. Its a Friday this year. She moved away with that twat so we didn't see her last year. The year before he said she was busy so we just gave her gifts when we saw her a few days later." She told him and then paused. "As far as I know, Mary, Ellie and Tasha are taking her for lunch on Saturday."