Chapter Sixty-Three.

With Christmas and new year done and out the way, Rosie back at school and everyone back at work. Ben was sat at his computer when he heard swearing coming from Charlotte's office.
Standing up he popped his head out of the office door to see if Courtney was there.

"She's been in a funny mood all morning." She sighed when she saw him. "Enter at your own risk." She rolled her eyes as she stood up and headed towards the drinks machines.

Taking a deep breath, Ben walked to her door and saw her crouched down picking up files. He knocked on the door to get her attention.

"What now?" She snapped as she stood up.

"Ermm..." He stuttered, unsure of he should go in or not. Just then she turned round to see who it was.

"Oh, hey." She smiled.

"At the risk of you getting snappy...Everything ok Lott?" He said as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and stepped in.

"Can you close the door?" She almost whimpered.

"Yeah sure..." Taking a hand from a pocket, he turned to close the door. As he turned back around to face her he was shocked to find her throwing her arms around him and burying her face in his neck.

"Lottie..." He whispered as he put his arms around her and held her close. "What's wrong baby? Do you need help? I'm all up to date, I can lend..."

She cut him off by placing her lips against his. "I love you, I'm sorry I've been so irritable the past couple of days..."

"Lottie, it's ok. Christmas is stressful for a lot of people..."

"It's not ok. I'm just..." She let out a sigh as she rested her forehead against his chest. "I'm so tired. It feels like, no matter how much I sleep, I'm just permanently tired."

"I noticed. Why don't you call and see if you can get an appointment with your doctor?" He said she he rubbed her back and kissed the top of her head.

"I think I will." She smiled up at him and caressed his cheek. "I'm going to get something to eat first. Do you want me to grab you a sandwich?"

"That would be great babe. I'll be in the office, Ste had to go to an appointment or something so I said I'd do a couple of things for him." He said as they walked out of her office and he headed to his. "Love you" He called after her.

Turning around her face lit up with a smile that made him shudder. "Love you too."

Looking at his watch wondering what had distracted Charlotte, she went to the canteen nearly fifteen ago.

A loud crash outside drew his attention away from his thoughts, assuming Courtney had dropped something he went to finish what he was doing.
A blood chilling scream had him drop everything.

"Ben!" Courtney shouted as loud as she had screamed.

Running out of the office to see her bent over someone currently lying on the floor. As he got closer his heart felt like it stopped.

"Charlotte!" He shouted as he dropped to his knees beside her and lifted her head on to his lap. "Call an ambulance!" He snapped as Courtney jumped up and ran to her desk.

"Baby? Can you hear me?" He stroked her face."Charlotte, wake up! I need you to wake up baby. Come on, open those beautiful blue eyes." He began to panic and started looking for her pulse. "Come on baby." Sighing with relief when he found it.

"Ben..." She croaked.

"I'm here, I've got you." He lent forward and kissed her clammy forehead.