Chapter Fifty-Seven.

Quickly climbing out of Charlotte's car, Ben jogged down the path to Peter and Marys front door. Pressing the doorbell he stood patiently for someone to answer it.

Peter opened the door and smiled. "Ben. You're early?"

"Yeah, sorry about that... But uh... Is she up and dressed? Got somewhere we need to be." He asked as he put his hands in his pockets.

"Rosie! Ben's here!" He shouted in to the house.

"Bear!" He heard her shout, making him smile. "You're early! Did it come?" She grinned.

"It sure did! Ready for our mission secret agent Rosebud?" He smiled down at her.

"YES!!" She squealed as she jumped in the air. "Bye grandad!" She gave him a quick kiss. "Bye nana! Bye Dexter!" She shouted before running off to get in the car.

"This about what we spoke of last week?" Peter smiled.

"Yeah, it is." He replied sheepishly smiling.

"Still planning on that same date and place?" His smile widening.

"Yup!" He nodded as he rocked back and forth on his feet.

"Come on secret agent Bear! Let's go!" Rosie shouted from the car, making Peter laugh.

"I best go...thanks for having her last night." He smiled and ran back to the car.

"What are they up to? Christmas shopping?" Mary asked as she walked up behind her husband to wave goodbye to the pair.

"Something like that." He said as he closed the front door.

"Are you going to tell me?" She looked at him expectantly.

"All will be revealed when the time is right." He kissed her before heading to the kitchen.

"That's not fair!" She complained.

"That's where the girls get their lack of patients from!" He said under his breath before laughing.

********

"What do you want to have for lunch?" Ben asked Rosie as they walked around London city centre. "Do you want to get the train back to the car and eat nearer to home or would you like to find some place to eat here?" He took hold of her hand as they crossed the road.

"I don't mind..." She said quietly as though distracted by something.

"You ok sweetheart?" Ben frowned sensing something was a little off.
She just shrugged. "Let's go get something to eat from that coffee shop, yeah? Then you call tell me what seems to be nothing you, ok?"

"Ok." She smiled and squeezed his hand. "There are so many people in London." She whispered to him as she looked around at the crowed walk ways.

"It's a big place, it's the capital city of England." He smiled down at her looking around.

"What does that mean?" She asked, stopping him before entering the coffee shop.

"Well, every country has a capital city. It's where all the important people tend to be, that make the important decisions. I guess you could say. So England has London. Scotland has Edinburgh..."

"I've been there with nana and grandad!" She smiled. "You use to live there too!"

"I did, yeah. Wales has Cardiff..."

"I've been there too! Me, mum and Ellie went shopping there one time."

"There's lots of people there too isn't there." She nodded as they walked up to the counter. "Right, what do you want to eat?" He asked as they looked at the lunch menu.