4

Third POV

As the Crown Prince, my mother always strict when it comes to everything. She wouldn't let me play nor let me do everything freely.

One day, she fell sick. I don't know why, but I'm kind of grateful that no one is going to yelled at me.

Then, one of the maids said that my mother called me to her room. I was really nerveous and scared. But I decided to walk towards my mother room who was bedridden.

I walk beside her bed as I look at her.

"M-mother... it's me." I stuttered while looking at her.

Without looking at me, she said, "Don't... be.. late.. for... your.. lesson.."

Hearing that words, I clench my fist as I look at her. "You never cared about me! Forget about that! I hate you!" I shouted at her as I leave her room. It's for the first time I shout at her and disobey her as I didn't attend the lesson.

I never thought...

That would be her last words.

After her death, her personal maid walk towards me. She knelt down, matching my height. "Your highness.. do you know what did your mother said to me?" she asked me while lowering her head.

"What?" I asked while looking at her. She look up to me and smile.

" 'Make sure Axel eat healthy foods. Make sure that he becomes strong so he can stand on himself when I died or when his father died. Make sure that... he's not alone when he went through painful moments.' " the maid said as she delivered my mother's words.

That time, I could only cried, regretting all the times that I despised her. And so on, I grew up without a mother figure. Not that it bothers me, what bothers me is the guilt I had that I carried all these years.

"Here. It's delicious." a noble girl my age, my fiancee, hand me a cookie on the plate. At first, I want to laugh at how ridiculous she was but at the same time, I want to cry at how she wholeheartedly ask me to eat that.

And so, I don't know why but I'm unconsciously drawn into her. She speak what she wants and honest with her feelings.

It's refreshing.

-

"You are missing the whole party!" her father scold her while looking at Calista. "There are many people who wants to see you as the Crown Prince's fiance and the future Empress!"

"Well Father, I'm not going to be the Empress so rest assured." she thought awkwardly. "W-well... I'm just.. enjoying from behind?"

"CALISTA!"

"YES!!!"

-

A clear bright blue sky and refreshing air. Calista smiled excitedly as she look at the sky.

"What should I do today?" she asked to herself. She thought for a moment as she widen her eyes. "That's right!" With her new idea, Calista wonders if he would like it.

-

Calista walk around the palace to find Axelion but she bump into someone as she want to turn to the corner.

"I-I apologize." Calista apologised as she look at the person. He seems to be the same age as her.

"Ah, no, no. I'm the one who should apologise, Lady Tresor." he smiled at her as Calista notice his appearance.

"He's.. Prince Axelion personal attendant!" she thought while looking at him. He only look at her in confusion.

"Ah, I beg your pardon. My name is Kaleine White. I am the Crown Prince personal attendant. You can call me Kal." he bowed politely while introducing himself.

"So I'm right!" Calista look at him and realize the situation she's in. "Ah, yes. I am Calista Tresor." she bowed politely while introducing herself.

"Are you looking for his royal highness?" he asked with a smile.

"Huh? Y-yes." Calista answered hesitantly. Kal smiled while looking at her.

"He's been in bad mood lately." he sigh as Calista look at him.

"R-really?" Calista asked worriedly. Kal nodded.

"Usually, he doesn't want to meet anyone. But he quickly accept your invitation. And his mood turned 180°." he laughed as Calista look at him confusedly.

"Huh?" she asked confusedly. Kal give her a warm smile.

"His highness maybe a foul mouth person and a little rude, but he's like that because no one didn't take care of him properly." he explained as Calista nodded. "Maybe because Lady Calista giving him too much affection such as give him little things that the maids usually wouldn't, he is drawn to you." he smiled as Calista blushed.

"N-not really! Besides, I never give him anything special." Calista scratch the back of her neck.

"But, all I want to say is.. Please take care of him." he bowed as Calista look at him nerveously.

"N-no need to bow Kal!" she said as she look at him. "I will continue to take care of him if you didn't bow like this!!!" Calista panicked as Kal smiled.

"Lady Calista is sure is kind."

-

"Picnic at the garden huh?" Axelion said while lying on the grass.

Calista smiled at him. "Yes. The garden Palace is beautiful and having a picnic might not be bad and it's fun!" she cheered. "I don't think that you would accept my invitation so openly." she said while preparing the food.

"Yeah. Better be grateful." he said while looking above. Calista decided this so she could befriend the Prince and so the guillotine would not fly her head off.

Calista look at him, noticing that he's on a really bad mood. "Is there something troubling you?" she asked worriedly while looking at him.

"It's none of your business." he spat as Calista frown.

"It's my business because you're my fiance!" Calista look at him as he widen his eyes. "If you don't want to tell it, I understand." she sigh. "Here." she place the sandwich on the plate and give it to him.

"At least eat this so it'll cheer you up a little." she said as she prepare some food for herself. Axelion chuckled as he sat up.

"Call me Axel." he said as he take the sandwich. Calista look at him confusedly.

"Huh? Oh my~" she teased him while her right hand cover her mouth. Axel frown at her.

"Don't think weird things. Call me that so we can perform a good relationship to the public." he explained as Calista laugh.

"I know that Axel." she smiled as Axel blushed a bit. "Let's have a picnic here another time!" she cheered as Axel look at her with a warm blush.

-

Axel look through his window that Calista's carriage is slowly out of his sight.

"You look happy your highness." his personal attendant smile at him.

"Shut up Kal." he glared him as Kal smiled playfully.