23

Third POV

The carriage shook greatly as Calista almost hit her head on the door and fortunately Drake quickly protect her from the bump as he carry her bridal style, kick the door open, and jump out from the carriage.

"Milady! Are you alright!?" Brandon asked worriedly as he run towards her.

"I-I'm fine." she replied as Drake put her down gently. "Thank you Drake." she thanked him with a smile as he nod and return the smile.

It seems that they are 3 man wear all black while covering their half face. One of the man suddenly charged at her as fast as he could but it was stopped by Lance as Brandon try to slay him with his sword but failed.

The other two man starts to march against her as well and try to hurt Calista but Brandon and Drake stopped both of them to do so.

Without thinking twice, Brandon slice of the guy's chest as he groaned in pain. "Who sent you?" he asked while pointing a sword towards him. If he move a bit, Brandon won't hesitate to kill him. So he jump backwards as a reply.

Lance try to slay the other one but it was a bit hard for him. So he throw his sword and use bare hands against him and that did work.

Meanwhile Drake jump to the tree and attack the other one while jumping at him. Making him unable to move.

"This doesn't feel right..." Calista thought to herself while looking at the situation. "No... something's not right here..."

Brandon's eyed widened at the sight of another guy behind Calista. "...I thought there's only 3 of them!" he thought as he wants to save Calista but was block by the one he's fighting.

Calista turned around to be greeted by the man behind her. Without hesitation, the man aim to stab her at her right shoulder as Calista's eyes widened in surprised at the pain she's feeling on her shoulder.

"MILADY!"

The moment she got stabbed on her right shoulder, the four man suddenly retreats and disappear in the forest. She let herself fall because of the great pain she felt. The three run towards her worriedly.

"Lady Calista! Are you alright!?" Lance asked, panicked while holding her in his arms.

Drake checked the wound. "He only stabbed her on her right shoulder. She's not going to die." he sighed of relief.

Brandon clench his fist angrily. "Those bastards..." he cursed under his breath. "Cancel the trip and go back to the Dukedom." he commanded as they nodded.

Calista handle the pain and look at the ground. "So it's true... there's something wrong with them. Why they only stab my shoulder and ran away?"

-

"Yes, Hello?.......... I'm still a bit far....... I'll be there soon, don't worry!" she chuckled as she speak on the phone. When the green light turned red, the brake isn't working.

"That's right.... I died by a car crash. But... why is my shoulder is the one who is in most pain?" Calista asked to herself as she slowly open her eyes to notice that she's in her room. She try to recall what happened before this. "...Yep... my shoulder hurts. Why would that man stab me on the shoulder? He could've just stab straightly to my heart." she thought confusedly.

The door open to reveal Annie. Her eyes widened in surprised that Calista is finally awake. "Oh M'lady! I'm glad you're alright...." she said on the verge of tears.

Calista try to get up but failed and it made Annie widen her eyes in surprised. "My body is heavy...." she sigh of exhaustion. "I'm so tired..." she thought while looking at Annie. "Annie... I'm so tired.. How long I've been out for?" she asked while looking at her.

"D-don't worry M'lady, you rested for 3 days." she smiled sadly while looking at Calista's pathetic state. Calista has dark circles under her eyes and that she seem to lost a bit of her weight.

"3 days huh...? " she thought to herself.

"I'm going to inform this to everyone!" Annie said.

Calista's eyes widened. "....everyone!?"

After a while, there's multiple footsteps coming towards her room. She gulp and have a bad feeling about it. The door burst open to reveal Aliza, Xander, Axel, and Vincent.

"Calista!" Aliza run towards her as Calista smiled playfully.

"Thank you for coming." Calista smiled.

"Are you crazy!? Do you know how scared I am!?"

"...no?"

"You're such an idiot!" Aliza hugged her tightly making Calista almost out of breath. Knowing that, Aliza quickly pulled out from the hug.

"...How are you feeling?" Xander asked worriedly while looking at her. It looks like he's going to cry any moment.

"A lot better I guess..." Calista replied that sounds more like a question. Vincent sigh and smiled of relieve.

Axel walk towards her and hug her. "Are you an idiot?" he asked while hugging her. "Do you know how worried I am?" he asked worriedly as Calista patted his back reassuringly.

"Do you know how Axel almost going on a rampage and Xander have to stop him?" Vincent asked casually with a smile making them glared at him excluding Calista.

"How about Lance, Brandon, and Drake? Are they alright?" Calista asked worriedly.

"You're the one got stabbed but you're worried about us." Brandon chuckled as he appear in her room from the door along with the others.

"Lady Calista, are you alright!?" Drake asked worriedly while looking at her.

Calista smiled at him. "I'm fine." she replied while looking at him.

"M'lady, I deeply apologize for all the incidents that happened...." Lance bowed. "I truly am..." he sounds like he could cry any moment.

"Me too, my lady! Deeply apologize!" Brandon bowed as well as he apologized.

"Geez, everyone, it's really alright. The most important thing is that we're all are safe and we survived." she gave them a toothy smile.

Lance sigh. "Sheesh M'lady, you're too good for your own sake." he chuckled.

"Really?" Calista laughed along them.

-

"What?" Axel asked with widen eyes at the information he just heard.

"Like I said, your highness. Kae Kingdom never sent any invitation letter towards the Tresor Dukedom." Kaleine explained while looking at Axel with a serious expression.

"...Then..." Axel's eyes widened in realisation.

"That's right. Only someone from the Palace can manipulate such letter and sent it to the Tresor Dukedom in the name of King Kae." Kaleine explained again as he narrow his eyes. "It's only my assumption but... one of the 5 Royal Knights....."

"Is a traitor."