17

Third POV

Nathan keep looking at her from head to toe. It was silent yet comfortable one.

"...Want to have some tea?" Calista offered with a genuine smile.

"I have to finish some documents..." he thought. "But I can finish it after I have some tea with Lady Tresor." he look at her and return the smile. "Yes." he replied.

Calista command one of the maids to serve them tea in the guest room. Since Calista only come to the Palace for a slight work.

"Nathan, why do you become a knight?" Calista asked while looking at him.

"...Prince Axelion asked me to." he replied with a light smile.

"Hoho... Is it a good story?"

"E-eh..? Y-yes." Nathan replied hesitantly as he gets shy all of a sudden. "...she's really talking to me nicely..."

After they chatted and having tea and snacks, they walk around the Palace and chatted with each other as Calista heard multiple whispers coming from the nearby workers.

"Why should commoners be the Royal Knights?"

"I know. It doesn't make any sense."

"They don't even went training and gained the Royal Knight title by trying."

"And what's with Sir Nathan, he can't even wield a sword."

Calista heard all of it as she walk towards the worker angrily. "Stop whatever you saying!" she commaded making them shut their mouths. "This is the Imperial Palace, please watch that big mouth of yours." she threatens them as they shrieked with fear.

"W-we deeply apologised." they apologised then bow.

"I'm not the one who needs an apology." Calista crossed her arms and shows them that she's with Nathan. Their eyes widened in surprised.

"L-lady Tresor, it's quite alright." Nathan said awkwardly while looking at her.

"W-we deeply apologise, Sir Nathan." they bowed as they apologised to Nathan.

"I-it's quite alright." he said implying that it's really alright.

"Let's go Nathan." Calista called him as he nodded. They start to walk again as Calista turned her head towards him. "Nathan, you really can't wield a sword?" she asked out of curiosity.

Nathan's eyes widen and laugh awkwardly. "...yes." he replied while scratching his cheek with his finger. "Ah.. she must've changed her perspective of me." he thought and gulp.

Calista let out a chuckle as she look at him. "That's really unique." she exclaimed as Nathan's eyes widened. "Actually, I met with Brandon, Oliver, and Lance. I observe that Brandon is especially good with sneak attack and using swords." she said while looking at him.

"You can tell?" Nathan asked with wide eyes as Calista nodded.

"And Oliver is especially good sneaking into other's room without unnoticed." she laugh as Nathan look at her questioningly. "And Lance seems to know how to wield a sword, but I know that he would prefer hand to hand combat even though he's a little shy." she give him a toothy smile as he blushed a bit.

"How can you tell?"

"Well, When I was 12, I often saw Axel trained. So I know a bit of the characteristics." she said. "And there's someone who really likes to fight." she explained while imagining Xander's face as she smile. "So it doesn't matter if you can wield a sword or not. Axel will not chose someone randomly out of nowhere." she smiled as Nathan blushed.

Then, she encounters a familiar figure from afar. "Ah, Nathan, you can go ahead. I have someone I want to meet." she said as Nathan look at her questioningly then nodded afterwards. He walk ahead as Calista turned her directions and walk to the familiar figure.

"Good day Xander." Calista greeted him with a smile as Xander notice her presence.

"Oh Calista!" he greeted her back.

"What are you doing here?" she asked while looking at him.

"Me? Oh, the His Majesty asked for my presence and we had a little talk." he said as Calista nodded, uninterested. Xander scratch the back of his head and widened his eyes as he remembers. "Oh yeah." he take out something from his pocket to reveal a familiar bracelet.

"Ah! My bracelet that Axel took!" Calista said, surprised while pointing at the bracelet on Xander's hand.

Xander grab her wrists gently as he put the bracelet back. "Now it's back to the right owner." he said with a broad grin.

Calista blushed warmly while looking at him. "Thank you." she thanked while bowing. "Did Axel gave it back to Xander? Man.. he's such a worrywart." she thought to herself while looking at Xander's bracelet.

"Then, what are you doing here?" Xander asked back with a raised brow.

"I have a slight work to do." she replied making Xander snort. Calista furrowed her eyebrows. "What's with that???" she asked with a crossed arms.

"No." he avoid eyes contact as Calista pouted and crossed her arms. "Anyways, it seems Axel already understand your taste in jewelries." he said as he grab Calista's necklace from Axel making her widen her eyes in surprised at his sudden action.

Then suddenly, Calista is pulled back by someone familiar as that familiar person pointed his sword at Xander. "Wow!" Xander quickly raise his hands in defeat.

"Lance!?" Calista's eyes widened as she look at him.

"You are being rude to her, Sir." Lance said as he glared at Xander. "What are you trying to do to Lady Calista.....!?"

Xander and Calista paused. Completely understand that Lance misunderstood both of them.

Xander notice his bad aura and shrugged as he look at Calista and smirk, decided to play along. "Well..." he smiled playfully. "Sir Knight, don't you see that she's really beautiful and..." Xander's eyes goes to Calista and back to Lance. "I want to taste her." the moment he said that, Lance's eyes widened as he throw his sword and grab Xander's collar.

"Wow! Lance stop it!!!" Calista tried to stop him. Keyword : Tried. "Lance! It's a misunderstanding! He's my friend from school!" she said as Lance glance at her. "He give me back something that I lost. He's a good person!" after she explained that, Lance let go of Xander roughly even tho he's still glaring daggers at Xander.

Calista use her elbow to hit Xander's stomach and Xander flinch from the pain. "Apologies now." she whispered yelled as Xander sigh and look at Lance.

"Sorry." he scratch the back of his neck. "I'm just playing with you." he said but his apology does not came from his heart.

"I'm really sorry Lance, he really likes to pick fight because of his..." Calista bowed and glared at Xander. "Troublesome personality." she said nerveously.

"Are you alright?" Lance asked her worriedly.

"Yes. I'm fine, it's really alright." Calista said implying the truth.

"Axel called for you." Lance said as he grab Calista's hand and start to walk.

"Wait.." she said as he glance at Xander. "Bye Xander!" she waved at him while being dragged by Lance.

"Axel called me?" she asked while looking at Lance.

"No."

".....hah?"