22

Third POV

Calista stamp all the papers that she has to do. Then, she lift her head to look at Oliver. "Thank you, Oliver." she smiled because he help her with some documents. Unlike Brandon who only knows how to fight, Oliver excels in managing finances and documents or smth like that.

"Haaah... are every 2nd male lead this charming?" Calista asked to herself as she rest her chin on her hand while looking at Oliver. "But well, I already fell for Axel." she sighed and smiled. "Oliver." she called as he turned his head towards her. "Are you comfortable here at the Tresor Dukedom?" she asked with a smile. Oliver only nod as a reply. "He's really quiet..." she thought with a sheepish smile.

Oliver look at her as he slip a small light smile. "I don't know why but.. I do feel comfortable around her." he thought as he place some papers on the table.

"Let's see..." Calista thought as she glance at Oliver. "In the novel, as the 2nd male lead, he is also quite the guy with few words. He was assign by Axel to guard Catherine because aristocrats are targeting her that she became close with the Crown Prince. It's true that as a commoner, it's unacceptable. But Oliver being Oliver, he followed Axel's order obediently and just like that, he fell for the Catherine." she thought as she sigh. "In the end, he didn't even confessed to her because he's happy enough to see Catherine happy with Axel." she run her hand through her hair. "But none of those events happened." she narrowed her eyes confusedly.

She sigh as she get up from her seat and start to walk, but she suddenly slip by herself as her eyes went wide. Oliver widened his eyes as he quickly stood up from his seat and run to catch her. Before she could hit the floor, Oliver catch her as he grab her waist and her left arm.

"T-thank you...!" Calista thanked him nerveously.

Oliver let go of her as she regain her balance. He nod as he look at her. Calista smiled once again and exit her office. Oliver look towards the door as he look at his hand that catches her. He blushed warmly while walking back to his seat and continue his business.

-

"This is a lot of work..." Calista sighed as soon as she read the invitation. It seems that she is invited to Kae Kingdom for political reasons. The King seems to invited Calista himself so she can't possibly deny it just like that.

"Are you going?" Axel asked while sitting beside her as he take his cup of tea.

"Of course I'm going. This is a lot of work but I have to do it." she sigh tiredly as she place the invitation on the table. "It takes 3 days to get there."

"...Brandon, Lance, and Oliver will take you there." he said while looking at her.

"Please not Oliver~" she said with narrow eyes.

"Why?"

"Well, he seems to understand about finances and management work, so I asked him to handle it for me and he agreed to it." Calista explained while looking at him.

Axel sigh. "Then, Brandon, Lance, and Drake."

"Do I really need 3 Royal Guards?" Calista asked with a raised eyebrow and lean her head on his shoulder. "Won't it be trouble for them?"

"No it's not, stupid. It's for your safety." Axel patted her head as Calista smiled. "I want to escort you myself, but I can't." he sighed as he look at the invitation again.

Calista play her legs. "But it'll be fun if you could go together with me." she pouted and Axel pat her head roughly, making her hair a mess. "What's with that!?" Calista asked with a frown while touching her head.

"It means you are the dumbest person on earth. I'm the proud Crown Prince of this Empire. I'm busy." he said loud and clear.

"Yes, yes Mr. Crown Prince."

-

"Is everything ready?" Calista asked while looking at the workers who take care of the luggage.

They nodded and bow. "It's all ready, Milady." they said politely.

"Brandon, Lance, and Drake are you three ready as well?" Calista turned her head to the three of them.

"Yes, Lady Calista!" Brandon bowed nerveously.

"Yes, Lady." Lance bowed politely.

"Of course!" Drake cheered excitedly while giving her a thumbs up.

Calista smiled and turn her head towards Oliver. "I'm sorry for all the work, Oliver." she smiled apologetically as Oliver give her a slight bow.

"Now, let's go!" Calista cheered as she get in the carriage with Drake. Brandon and Lance guarding outside with their horse and Drake guarding inside the carriage.

Calista smiled at the view of passing trees, the nice weather, and peaceful atmosphere. "I can't wait to taste Kae's sweets!" she said with a broad grin.

"Me too!" Drake cheered along her.

"What kinds of food do you like, Drake?" she asked making Drake widen his eyes.

"Hmm..." he thought for a while. "Oh, I think I like sweets! Just like Lady Calista!" he said as Calista smiled at him.

"Liar." Calista thought while looking at him. "You sure?" she asked with a smile while crossing her arms.

Drake look at her questioningly. "Yes." he replied quite hesitant.

Calista chuckled. "Drake, it's alright. I know you like spicy food." she smiled as Drake widen his eyes in surprise.

"H-how did she know...?" he asked to himself. "E-eh... It seems like I got found out." he said nerveously as he scratch his cheek.

"You are one of my knights as well. So at least I have to know your dislikes and likes because it's important." she explained as Drake laugh.

"You're a weird lady!"

"I know!" she laughed along him.

But then, there's a great shake for the carriage that almost make Calista fell but Drake catches her. Drake hold her tight while opening the window.

"What's wrong!?" he asked, panicked.

"There's an ambush!" Brandon yelled enough for Calista to hear and widen her eyes.

"Ambush...!? On this day light!?" she asked to herself as she panicked.

"Drake, protect the Lady!" Lance shouted as Drake nodded.

He look at Calista. "M'lady, we just have to stay here and I'll protect you from inside while Brandon and Lance finishing them." he explained as Calista nodded.

"This location is far from my dukedom. Even though it's daylight, they decided to attack. It seems that this all was planned by the beginning and they're no ordinary attackers." she thought while calculating the situation.