27

Third POV

Calista kept thinking about her weird meeting with Drake last night but she shrug it off and change her sleeping position. She heard a knock on the door and ask whoever it is to come in.

"...Good day Milady." Annie greeted as she arrived inside Calista's room.

"....What is it Annie...?"

"Sir Lance visit the Dukedom." she informed as Calista's lips form into a weak smile.

"...Really? Then, I'm going to greet him.." she slowly stood up making Annie's eyes widen in surprised.

"But Milady-!"

"...I'll be fine..."

-

Calista's cup of tea fell as soon as she heard the shocking news.

"W-what...?" her hands trembled as she bit her bottom lip. She stood up slowly from her seat and walk towards Lance who came with the information.

Lance's gaze directed downwards as he clench his fist and trembled as well. "...T-the Duke and Duchess..." he gulp. "W-was murdered on their way..." he stuttered nerveously.

".... My mother and father... was murdered?"

"..Milady!" Lance shouted at her in panic the moment blood run down her nose.

"Lady Calista! You're having a nosebleed again!" Anne shouted worriedly while cleaning her nose making Lance's eyes widen in surprised.

"Again..?"

-

"The Duke and Duchess of Tresor was murdered!?" Drake shouted towards Axel angrily.

"How...!?" Oliver asked with wide eyes while waiting for Axel's answer.

"...He knows that my relationship and Calista is back to normal so he killed her parents....!?" he asked to himself, irritated as Axel glance at Brandon who keeps quiet all the time who usually is the first one to comment.

Axel who feel great hostility lowered his brow and look at Brandon. "I don't know..." Axel replied with a sickly sweet smile making Brandon widened his eyes in realization.

Axel sigh tiredly, too tired to complain or get angry, too worried that it stressed him out. He's alive but dying everyday because of one mistake. "There's no mistaken." he thought while looking down at the papers. "Just leave." Axel sigh while shooing them.

"B-but Lady Calista-" before Nathan could finish his lines, Axel glared all of them.

"Leave." he demanded. Their eyes widen as shiver run down through their spines.

They bow and turned their head to exit the room. "Oh, Brandon." Axel called as Brandon turned his head towards him questioningly. "You can stay." Axel said while looking at him with a slight bulging eyes.

As the other leave the room, Brandon look at Axel as he trembled and cowered with fear. Axel stood up from his seat as he walk towards Brandon and look down on him.

Without further notice, Axel suddenly pull Brandon's collar and glared him, his eyes filled with hatred.

"Hello, traitor."

Axel glared him as his grip tighten. "Send a message to your Viscount bastard, that this was the most trashy gift he gave to me!" he said spitefully to him.

"Don't worry, I'll pay you back thousand times better since you killed Calista's parents...! It seems that the kindness she gave you all gone to waste for someone as low as you." he let go of Brandon's collar roughly to the point he almost fall. "If he doesn't want to give the antidote sooner or later, I'm going to kill all of his family including you."