12

Third POV

Axel let the window opened as the cold wind comes and filled the room. Only little lights are left to lighten the room. The two of them are sitting on the bed. Calista, still with widen eyes, looking at Axel.

Axel quickly cover her mouth. "Not so loud stupid." he said with his usual tone. "Stay calm, understand?" he asked while looking at her, she nodded. Then, he let go of his hand from covering her mouth.

"B-but how did you..." Calista is loss for words. "..the guards... Wait... When did you come back!?" she whispered yelled as soon as she realize it.

"Just now." he shrugged casually as Calista is on the verge of tears then she hug him happy for his return.

"Welcome back." she greeted him with a wide smile. But then, her eyes widened in surprised of realisation. "Wait.. He's supposed to meet the Heroine in the morning.. Why did he come here late at night..?" she thought while looking at him suspiciously. She broke the hug and look at him. "Why did you come earlier?" she asked confusedly.

"How did you know if I'm going to return earlier or not?" he asked confusedly and continue, "I'm tired." he said as he lean himself on Calista's bed and crossed his arms while trying to sleep. "...her sweet scent is all over the bed." he thought as he sniff the bed sheet.

Calista widened her eyes as she shakes him. "Hey! You'll get caught!" she whispered yelled at Axel as he got annoyed a little. Then he pull her hand as she fell beside him on the bed.

"You're so annoying." he said lazily as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "...she's warm..." Axel thought while feeling her warmness. "...I know that she'll grown into a beauty but I never think she'll be this beautiful..."

"I can't move... Did he decided to kill me now!?" she thought nerveously. "Eh.. That's impossible.. I didn't do anything wrong.." she sighed and shakes her head. "So.. you headed here straightly and sneak into my room?" she asked as she face him. Their face are so close they might as well kiss.

"Yeah.. What about it?" he asked still keeping his eyes close. Calista blushed at his statement.

"You're supposed to return tomorrow and meet the Heroine in the Palace..." she thought with a sad smile. "...It's warm..." Calista thought. She's tired from the start so she would sleep a little faster than normal. She slowly close her eyes and let the land of dreams take her there.

Axel open his eyes and notice that she fell asleep. He fixed the blanket for her so she won't get cold then hugged her.

"I missed her so much.. We haven't meet for like.. 4 years." he thought as he place a kiss on her cheek. "I don't want to leave but... I should get going." he said as he walk carefully so he won't make a noise. He jump to the tree from the balcony and landed nicely. "It seems the knights here are not very skilled. But I have to thank that." he smirked as he look at the dark sky.

-

While eating breakfast, the Tresor family chatted as the dining room filled with laughter and loud voices. As soon as her father told Calista the Crown Prince already arrived unnoticed, Calista almost choked on her food.

"The Crown Prince already arrived?" she asked, pretending not knowing what happened.

Her father tilt his head towards her. "Yes. They will throw a celebration for the Crown Prince." her father smiled.