Chapter 2

2:33am

Sin

I couldn't sleep. My mind's all over the place and my body's restless. Today's the five year anniversary of me not only becoming the Alpha of my pack but the day I buried my beloved mother and father, as well as my baby sister.

My brothers and I haven't been the same since we lost three of the most important people in our lives; but no ones taken it harder than my youngest brother, Theodore. Our baby sister, Theadora, was his twin sister. He practically lost a mate, with the way the twin bond goes.

I don't know how this day is going to go. The past few celebration ceremonies we've had to honor our loved ones haven't gone the best. Theo and my other brother, Chicago usually get shit-faced and end up either fighting each other or another pack member, and my other brother Hendrix just disappears and leaves me to clean up the mess.

I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose thinking about all the ways today's celebration could go wrong. I just pray the Moon Goddess helps me in making it go right. And with that thought left lingering in my head, I drift off back into a darkened slumber.

****

6:00am

Bella

It's been two weeks since my Father told us we'd be moving to the country to stop me from meeting my mate and today's the day we're leaving. I haven't heard from Dexia since that day. She usually clocks out when I'm being beaten anyway, and boy did I get beat that day. I know better than to speak out against my Father or brothers, let alone yell at them but I just couldn't hold back when it came to the thought of never meeting my mate.

I hear footsteps walk around upstairs, leading to the door so I quickly finish packing my whole life into one tiny suitcase. My brothers said I was lucky to even be able to bring one thing along, let alone a whole suitcase. I rolled my eyes at the memory.

Suddenly the door slams open and my brothers greet me with a slick smile as they wave chains around.

"No. Please. I said I won't cause trouble. Please!" Bernardo and Blanco just smirked at each other then made their way over to me. Chaining my wrists and ankles in silver chains. I could feel the silver burning my skin like acid and I wanted to scream but I knew that'd only make things worse.

Blanco picked up my suitcase and walked up stairs, while Bernardo escorted me out the basement, through the halls, and out the door into the car. As we passed the halls, I noticed they left our old family pictures hanging on the walls. We were a family then and we all looked so happy. In one of the pictures it was just my brothers and I, Bernardo was holding me upside down, the two of us laughing, while Blanco had Bruno on his shoulders, both of them smiling wide too. Those were the brothers I loved, those were the brothers I missed, those were the brothers I mourned along side my mother... Because I knew they'd never be coming back.

****

8:58pm

The drive to our new house was long and agonizing. I was forced into the trunk with the chains holding me in place. I cried majority of the way there until the pain grew so bad it rendered me unconscious.

I awoke to the sound of car doors slamming and finally the trunk opened and I was lifted out and I'm assuming carried into our new home. I didn't stay awake for long but long enough to see the house was two stories with a wrap around deck and really old, big windows. Home sweet some, I guess.

****
9:30pm

Sin

It's almost time for the celebration and none of my brothers have yet to be seen.

Fletcher, have you found them yet? I mind-linked my Beta.

No, Alpha. We can't find them. Fletcher replied.

"Shit." I muttered under my breath.

"What's wrong, Alpha?" A female voice spoke behind me.

I turned to face one of my best trackers, Kennedy. Kennedy has been a long time friend of mine. Her thin blonde hair reached all the way to the bottom of her back, right above the start of her butt. Her eyes glistened a bright green and her skin was as pale as Snow Whites.

"Nothing, Kennedy. Actually-- Do you think you could find the boys for me? They seem to have gone AWOL and the ceremony is about to start."

"Sure thing, Alpha. Gimme a second." She replied as she sniffed the air and her eyes glossed over as she focused on her task.

"I think they're by the lake. I can't really tell because somethings off about their scent. I think they've been drinking.." Kennedy replied and all I could do was roll my eyes and thank her.

I'm going to kill those three.

I quickly went outside, took my clothes off and shifted into my dark black--semi silver, wolf. I ran to the edge of the lake and wouldn't ya know, there they sat drinking booze and laughing their asses off. I shifted back and put my clothes on.

"What the hell are you three doing!?" I said in my Alpha tone. They perked up and looked like they'd shit themselves causing a smirk to appear on my lips.

"Oh c'mon, Sin. We're just having some fun." Chicago said slurring his words.

"Jesus," I pinched my nose and rubbed the back of my neck, "You guys are totally wasted!" I yelled.

"Well..." Hendrix chimed in.

"Oh, my God. I don't have time for this! The ceremony is about to start and we ALL have to give a speech!"

"Who gives a shit about some dumb speeches. What the hell do we do this damn thing for anyway. It's not like it's going to change anything." Theo interjected.

"Theo, you of all people should understand why we do this. It's to honor mother and father. To honor Thea--"

"Don't say her name!" Theo interrupted me.

"Don't you dare raise your voice to your Alpha!" I marched over to him. "Now, I know this is hard on you. Maybe even harder than on the rest of us, but I will not tolerate disrespect and I will not allow you to throw your life away." I toward over Theo, "You all better get your shit together and meet me at the quad in 10 minutes. If you don't show, you will regret it. Little brother or not, this is an Alpha order." I said then shifted and returned to the pack house.

What the hell am I going to do with them?