Chapter Eighteen

Petra left Paxton alone to be with Isla. As Paxton lay Isla down in her bed he couldn't help but smile at her. She was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen. As he caressed her cheek she smiled up at him. "Lay with me." He took off his shoes and laid beside her as she rested her head on his chest where his heart should beat. His fingers played in her hair as he listened to her heartbeat. "I'm going to be okay, Paxton." He sighed. "I know, because we're going to figure something out. I won't let you die. I just won't." Isla leaned up and closed the distance between their lips. The kiss was soft and gentle, but quickly turned into something hot and passionate.

Paxton's hands were everywhere as Isla moaned his name. They had many makeout sessions in the dream world, but nothing beat reality. Her pink dress was hiked at her waist, while Paxton grinded into her. Isla arched her back as her hand pulled at the hair on his nape.

They were oblivious to the storm clouds already in the sky. "Paxton," she moaned, as he kissed along her jawline. He sucked on her neck and he could feel the bloodlust beckoning him to bite. "Touch me." It came out in a whisper, but thanks to his super hearing he heard and obliged. He had only done this a few times before, in dreams, and it felt like heaven. He knew being live and in color would exceed expectations.

Rain beat down on all of Ravenswood in heavy pours. Paxton's right hand worked its way up her thigh and moved her lace panties to the side. He rubbed his knuckles against her core and could feel just how hot and wet she was for him. He smirked against her lips as she shivered. He slid in one finger and then two, which caused her to claw at his back like a woman possessed.

Water droplets danced around outside slamming against the windows. He pumped inside of her and sighed happily at the way her muscles clenched around him. "I love you," Paxton said before capturing her moans in his mouth. In an instant everything in the room was floating and every candle present was lit. The flame from the candles grew higher and higher as Isla felt her climax coming.

"Taste me." She demanded and he wasn't sure if he should. He had never drunk blood from someone just blood bags and he didn't want to lose control. "Taste me, Paxton." Isla moaned. "I trust you." It was all he needed. He kissed her once more as his fingers seem to play a guitar rift that only she and him knew then sunk his teeth into her. The pain prickled for a moment and then gave way to extreme pleasure. The room began to shake with wind as Isla's breathing intensified. "Paxton!" She shouted as she felt her climax crash down on her.

Isla tasted like ambrosia. Paxton wanted to drink until his heart's content, but right before the beast inside took over he was able to stop himself. It was as if something inside him could never hurt her despite the cravings and bloodlust. He licked her wound before removing his fingers from inside of her.

He sat up and licked his fingers clean causing her to blush. "I love you," Isla breathed with a smile. "I love you so much, babe. I'm going to spend the rest of my life keeping that smile on your face." Isla chuckled at his admission. "My orgasm induced smile?" Paxton nodded happily.

He laid back down beside her. "I never thought anything could be better than our dream world, but that was exceedingly better." Isla smiled. "It was amazing. I'm surprised I didn't burn the house down or cause a monsoon." They both looked outside the window and noticed the rain stopped as her breathing leveled out.

"You're one powerful and sexy witch, Isla Devereux." She smiled and pecked his lips. "What do I taste like?" He thought for a moment and smiled. "Ambrosia." She chuckled and laid on his chest. "Do you feel different? I don't know if my blood is better because we're mates or not." He stroked her hair. "Your blood is better than any I've ever tasted. I feel warm and invincible." She hummed a response and Paxton could feel her falling asleep.