Chapter Twenty-Eight

Isla woke up early to get home and spend time with Stevie before school. She was healed and already back to her normal self, but Ravenswood law stated if a human ingests vampire blood, they must self-quarantine for the 24 hours needed for the blood to clear their system. Isla loved her human best friend and did not want her accidentally dying and becoming a vampire. Isla filled Stevie in on the events of the night from when she was saved to her dream with her mates. To say Stevie was shocked was an understatement, but for every question Isla had an answer thanks to her talks with Grams, her mates, and even her grandmother earlier on.

"So, now that you're up to speed on my mess. Let's talk about yours." Stevie looked at her confused as she threw an outfit to Isla to wear to school. "I don't have a mess silly. I'm just a boring old human with a powerful witch as a bestie..." "...and a dragon for a boyfriend." Isla finished. Stevie stood in the doorway of her closet shocked. "You knew?" Isla chuckled. "Of course, I knew. I didn't know why you weren't telling me, but I figured you'd come at your own time. Then months went on and still nothing. I guessed you just couldn't tell me for whatever reason." Stevie sat next to her best friend and grabbed her hand. "I wanted to tell you so bad, but Derek didn't think it would go over well with his parents and other dragons. It'd be different if he were dating you, but not a human."

"Do you love him?" Isla asked looking into big blue eyes. "More than anything in this world." Stevie teared up. "You need to be with him." She shook her head no. "His family would never accept me. Derek probably knows his real mate is out there and is just staying busy by being with me." Isla shook her head. "You didn't see him when you were hurt, Steve. He was going to kill Chase right then and there. He's in love with you and he wants to be with you. Neither of you should let fear get in the way of what you want. You two belong together. I can feel it. You need to talk to him and tell him you're his mate."

Stevie looked down at their hands. "I don't know. I feel like we're mates, but wouldn't he feel it too if we were?" Isla nodded. "I think he does, but something or someone is holding him back. You be honest with him and hopefully that will force him to be honest with you, okay?" Stevie nodded with a smile. "I got to get ready for school. Ugh I am not looking forward to the rumors and the talks. I just want to focus on mating with Grey tonight."

Stevie clapped her hands. "Are you ready?" Isla shrugged. "I guess so. We packed the overnight bag and I got the lingerie you ordered for me like a crazy person." Isla flicked her best friend who just laughed. "It's going to be great and romantic and just right." Isla smiled. "I hope so." "Just make sure you remember the protection and barrier spells. Don't need you leveling the town with an orgasm." Isla threw her pillow at her best friend and laughed heartily as she changed into her clothes.

School was abuzz with everything that happened at the party and Isla was over it. Grey grabbed her as she closed her locker and turned her to face him. "Hi beautiful," he smiled as he gave her a kiss. "Hey, handsome. How's your day going?" He shrugged holding onto her tighter. "It's fine, but it's going to be better tonight." The bell rang and Isla laughed at his pout. "I love you," Grey whispered. "I love you more." Isla retorted. "Not possible," Grey smiled. "Yes possible." With that Grey kissed her passionately before letting her go to leave.

'Tonight will be here before you know it!' Riel exclaimed beyond excited at the realization that they would be mating Isla in less than 8 hours. Grey wasn't nervous, but rather focused on ensuring that he make everything perfect for Isla's first time. Sadly, it wasn't his first time and he regretted that beyond measure. But he was going to make sure she felt loved, appreciated and cared for because she deserved that and more.

Thankfully the day flew by fast and Isla was making her way to meet Grey. She walked towards the Enchanted Forest with butterflies in her stomach. She was really going to do this. Isla was going to mate with Grey tonight. She chuckled at earlier fears that seemed so long ago about never finding her mate. But here she was, not only had she found one but she found both and was prepared to mate with them.