Chapter Thirty-One

Isla didn't realize how tired she was until she heard the birds chirping ever so loudly outside her window. "Silentium." Isla whispered and instantly it was like the birds were on mute. She tried going back to sleep until she realized it was 11 am. "Oh my gosh! I slept for almost 6 hours!" She looked around and noticed everyone was gone. She hadn't heard anything and realized Edie must of used the same spell on them, so she wouldn't be woken up.

"Mom! Edie! Where is everyone?" Isla called out as she made her way into the living room from the foyer. "Surprise!" Isla smiled at the sight in front of her. A full breakfast spread was sprawled out in their formal dining room across the living room. Margot, Arlo, Edie and Nona had matching smiles as they prepared to celebrate her. "You guys are too much!" Isla exclaimed taking a seat at the head of the table. Her mother put a birthday crown on her head as Nona placed a fixed plate in front of her. The waffle had a candle on it causing Isla to laugh. "Thank you all so much!"

She was so thankful for her family, especially because a week plus prior she wasn't sure if she would ever get to celebrate and love on them like she was now. That all had changed now that she was mated and happier than she'd ever been. "So, what are the plans for today, Ms. Newly Engaged?" Nona asked making her plate. "I can't believe you guys kept this from me! I was so shocked and freaking out that you both would be mad."

Margot shook her head. "We know your mates would do anything for you. There's no reason to wait." Edie smiled at her sister. "Brendan's been trying to get married since my 18th birthday party. I just want to get my degree first and he understands that." Isla nodded as her Nona placed a filled plate in front of her. "Well, Ms. Thing, what are the plans for today?" Isla smiled brightly.

"I was thinking a spa day!" That earned many yeses in agreement to her celebratory plans. "Are you excited about your party tomorrow," Margot asked her middle daughter. "I'm excited to see what Edie and Stevie have managed to whip up since I severely neglected all of it." Edie shook her head. "You had a lot going on with this whole Orb thing. It was understandable and I was beyond happy to help."

"Speaking of Orb business," Nona interjected. "I take in by the two markings on your neck that you are a mated woman now. Isla blushed profusely at her grandmother's insistence on calling her out. "Yes, Nona." Isla replied curtly. "That's wonderful, honey." Margot smiled. "My two babies are now women," Margot cooed at Edie and Isla.

"You'll be next Arlo," Nona replied. "Heaven's no!" Arlo objected causing everyone to laugh. They ate their food and laughed among themselves until Isla heard a faint noise. "Do you hear that?" Isla said getting up. "I don't hear anything, sweetheart," Margot replied. "You really can't hear that? It's like someone is scratching. It's so loud," Isla said making her way to the back door.

Upon opening it she was met with a familiar black cat. "Jasper!" Isla exclaimed picking up the cat before closing the door. "Look everyone it's Jasper!" This earned screams of joy from Arlo, Edie and Margot. Nona sat in her seat eating her breakfast unbothered. "I knew I heard something." Isla smiled. "How could you have heard that from over here?"

Isla filled them in on her heightened senses ever since mating with a werewolf and vampire. "That is so cool," Arlo chimed in. "If I can get a werewolf or vampire as a mate I'm down." They laughed at the spunky twelve-year-old. "Jasper do you want to see Nona?" Isla said making her way towards her grandmother only to cause the cat to hiss loudly. "Jasper, that's not nice," Edie said taking him from Isla.

"Don't bring that damn CAT around me," Nona emphasized staring pointedly at Jasper. Isla couldn't understand why she never liked Jasper. He showed up the day her grandfather left and she took that as a sign that Nona didn't have to be lonely. However, the two never got along and seemed to genuinely hate each other. "Let's clean up here and then we can head to the spa," Margot instructed. Edie put Jasper down and began helping clean. Nona made her way upstairs to her room and left the door open just enough for a black cat to follow.