Chapter Thirty-Four

Edward was helped up by two followers of Evan and Adrian and shoved towards where the Ravenswood fighters stood. Margot reached out for her ex-husband who fell into her arms. She couldn't deny how happy she was to see him and have him back, but at what cost.

"Come on you little witch!" Evan grunted grabbing Isla forcefully. Isla stepped on his foot very hard causing him to wince in pain before shoving him to the ground. She could feel a shift behind her and know the vampires were coming to attack. She turned around and clapped her hands together loudly. A sonic boom sounded from this motion as 8 followers were instantly knocked out.

She could see three figures moving towards the exit and blocked it off with a ring of fire all around them. Isla had vines and roots from the ground wrap around the three figures and brought them closer to her. She could sense Evan was shifting and looked down at him. "You are coming with me whether you like it or not!" He huffed lunging at her. But Isla snapped and instantly Evan was encased in a water bubble. He banged on the bubble to no avail.

"You're killing him!" The male figure currently held up by vines proclaimed. Isla realized it was Adrian Pavlov, Paxton's father and sighed. Beside him were two women who looked familiar, but she was sure she had never seen them a day in her life. "Paxton! Petra! Make her stop!" Adrian called to Petra and Paxton who had made their way to Isla. "Why?" Petra asked unbothered. "You were so ready to kill her father why shouldn't she kill yours?"

Adrian was red with anger. "Because I am your father and I'm telling you to do as you're told." Paxton laughed at the incredulity of this man. "You're not our father. You were a sperm donor to these two who wouldn't know what to do with a baby if their lives depended on it. You mean nothing to us, none of you."

Isla hadn't realized that the women were Paxton and Petra's mothers. She was so lost in thought that she had forgotten the drowning Evan behind her. She made a motion with her hands and the bubble burst, water splashing all around them. Petra whispered something to Isla causing her to look at her and then Paxton for confirmation. He nodded and she fashioned what it is Petra asked for.

"Evan Pavlov, you have committed crimes beyond comparison and are hereby sentenced to death." Nina declared head held high. "You can't kill me. I'm Evan Pavlov!" He reached for Isla, but was yanked back by his grandson. "Your reign of terror ends here." Isla began humming a melancholy tune that seemed to put the remaining Pavlov vampires in a trance.

Baby I'm thinking it over
What if the way we started made it something cursed from the start
What if it only gets colder
Would you still wrap me up and tell me that you think this was smart
Cause lately I've been scared of even thinking 'bout where we are

Evan Pavlov began to scream and cry as the remaining Pavlov vampires attacked him. He flailed around crazily as they bit into him from every angle. Isla was so distracted singing and torn by the act of killing her mate's grandfather that she hadn't noticed the vines holding Adrian and the mothers of his children had lowered.

In an instant Adrian was behind her biting through her neck and shoving a hand through her stomach. The scream that left Nina's mouth was blood curling as the Pavlov vampires fell to the ground unconscious. Riel ran towards them and transformed to Grey who caught her before her body hit the ground. "No no no!" Grey cried as he pulled her body close to him.

Paxton shoved his hand through his father's chest and squeezed his heart. "I will always have power over you," Adrian gasped as blood dripped from his mouth. "I took your mother and now I took the love of your life." He chuckled humorlessly. "And your father was taken from you and so were the loves of your life."

Paxton looked behind him to where Petra had shoved the stakes Isla made previously into their mothers' hearts. Adrian couldn't even yell, but the tears flowed furiously down his face. "Burn in hell." Paxton said as he ripped out his father's heart.