eight

"Eliza's Here!"

Charlie invited Eliza inside and was immediately greeted by the warmth of their home.

"Hey Liza." Bella greeted as she came down the stairs.

"Hey Bella." Both girls were dressed in multiple layers because it was freezing cold outside.

"I don't know if you girls should go today. It's too cold to be getting in the water." Charlie stated as he stood in the doorway.

"Dad." Bella stopped her father from talking any longer.

"Trust me Chief Swan I'm definitely not getting in the water while it's this cold. That's asking to get sick." She laughed, "plus Bella and I were gonna sit with our girl friends and just whale watch. Right Bella?"

Bella nodded. "Dad we know that it's cold and we don't want to get sick."

"You girls just be careful okay?" Both girls nodded and said their goodbyes before leaving to meet up with the rest of Bella's friends.

Eliza and Bella were sitting next to each other in Tyler's van while Angela was in the passengers seat. They were watching the others suit up to go in and surf the waves.

"I'm good Mike thanks for asking though." Eliza smiled at the boy before turning her attention back to Bella. She took a candy from the girls hand and began eating it.

Just date me already!

Eliza jumped a little bit in shock that he screamed that. Well not out loud but he screamed it in his head. She rolled her eyes and sighed.

"What's up?" Bella asked the young girl.

"Nothing. Mike just keeps staring at me and if he doesn't stop I might just punch him in the face." Bella let out a small laugh thinking the girl was joking.

If only she knew

"So I keep thinking Eric is gonna ask me to the prom and he just doesn't." Angela spoke to the two girls.

"Well you should ask him." Bella suggested.

"Yeah definitely. You gotta take control." Eliza added.

"You're a strong, independent woman." Bella finished.

"I am?" Angela asked.

"Hell yeah you are! And don't ever think anything else." Eliza took another bite of the candy that she took and smiled at her.

Jessica then appeared and asked Angela if she could help her zip her suit up.

"Bella!" Bella's head shot up and three guys each with long hair appeared.

"Jacob! Hey guys this is Jacob." Bella introduced her friends to him.

"Hi, how are you doing." He looked at Eliza in confusion and she smiled at him.

"I'm gonna go take a walk." Eliza stood up and started walking away. "I'll be back soon."

She walked away from the beach and made her way into the forest. Eliza didn't know if she was supposed to be on their territory or not. Her vampire side only comes out when she wants it to.

She was lead into a meadow and sat down to relax. The ground was wet but the flowers looked beautiful. Even with the sky being dark the colors of every flower were bright and mesmerizing.

She heard a twig snap and immediately her senses kicked in. She could tell whatever it was wasn't hostile but it was on edge. She froze in her spot and her inner vampire calmed down.

Eliza slowly turned to the source of the sound and saw brown eyes staring back at her. Not any eyes, werewolf eyes. She didn't know what to do. For the second time in her life, she was scared for her life.