thirteen

"What the hell!"

Eliza was pissed. The second they all got back home she threw a vase at the wall using her power.

"Eliza! Now is not the time!" Esme yelled at her daughter.

"I'm sorry I don't know what happened." She apologized profusely and ran to quickly clean it up.

"I should've seen it coming." She mumbled to herself forgetting that her family could easily hear her.

"No I should've seen it coming." Alice said comforting her sister.

"Alice it's not your fault."

"It's not yours either. You need to understand that sweetheart. None of us could've seen this coming." Esme ran to Eliza's side and rubbed her shoulder before helping her up.

"I could've." Rosalie hissed.

"Rose!" Esme scolded her.

Eliza finished cleaning the mess she made and quickly tossed it in the trash. "What do we do now?"

"We wait for Edward-" Carlisle's voice was immediately cut off by a knock on the door. The second the man entered the room he was knocked back into the wall by Eliza. She glared at him across the room as he tried to get up from the floor.

"Eliza!" Esme ran to her daughter and pulled her away.

"What do you want?!" She growled at him.

"I came to tell you what they're planning. I've played their games for too long and I've grown tired of it." Laurent answered in pain.

Read his mind.

Emmett was on edge ready to protect his family. Eliza nodded to him and immediately entered the man's thoughts.

Victoria and James are mates. They will do anything to stay together. I don't want to cause any trouble when I know that I cannot win.

Eliza hesitantly stepped back and sat down on the couch but was still on edge and ready to attack.

Once he explained everything that they've done in their time of being together. Carlisle then offered him a place of refuge.

"There's a clan, our cousins. The Denali clan. Their diet is just like ours but I'm sure they'd be happy to take you in." Laurent thanked Carlisle and decided he should be on his way.

The Cullen clan minus Carlisle made their way to the garage to figure out their next move. They knew Bella was in danger and now they knew what they were up against.

"I've had to fight our kind before they're not easy to kill." Jasper spoke to his family.

"But not impossible." Emmett added. "We'll tear em apart and burn them to pieces."

"I don't relish in the thought of killing another creature even a sadistic one like James." Carlisle told his family.

"What if he kills one of us first?" Rosalie asked sitting on top of the counter.

"Rose." Eliza softly spoke and took her sisters hand, joining her and laying her head on her sisters shoulder.

"I'm gonna run Bella south. Can you lead the tracker away from here?" Edward spoke completely disregarding the question that came out of Rosalie's mouth.

"No Edward. James knows you'd never leave Bella. He'll follow you." Carlisle stopped his son.

"I'll go with Bella," Alice stepped up, "Jasper and I will drive her south. I'll keep her safe Edward." She assured him.

"Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" He asked.

Alice nodded and pulled Bella to the car they would take to get her out of Forks.

"Liza you should go with them." Esme called to her daughter.

"What no! I'm not leaving you!" The youngest Cullen hopped off the counter and looked to her mother.

"Your mothers right. This could put you in danger as well. You're part human too." Carlisle spoke as he laid a hand on her shoulder.

"Carlisle I can help!" She pleaded.

"Like I would let anything happen to her. Like any of us would. She's family Carlisle." Rose appeared next to her sister.

"I can help! I'm just as fast as you all and just as strong plus I could use my power too! Please let me help!" Eliza's eyes watered at the thought of leaving her family.

Carlisle looked at Esme and sighed before walking away to his mate.

"Rosalie, Eliza could you put these on, so the tracker will pick up Bella's scent." Edward tossed large jackets at both of his sisters who were going to stay behind to lead the tracker away from his mate.

"Why? What is she to me." Rosalie shoved the jacket back to her brother who looked a bit hurt that his sister was acting like that.

"Rosalie. Bella's with Edward so she's part of this family now. We protect our family." Carlisle took the jacket from Edward and handed it back to Rosalie who rolled her eyes but listened.

The Cullens got ready to put their plan in motion. Each Cullen was ready to defend their family in any way they could possible.