Ch. 4 The Avoiding And The Avoided

2,477 words! By the way lovelies, these numbers are legit before my small notes! The underlined words during the italicized daydream is thoughts!! And if you do not understand the pen thing or don't see it lining up, that's fine. I have all you need at the bottom lol. Enjoy!
~Lisa

(Y/n)’s POV

I sat at the table with Mei, spending the day with her silently. “Hotshot 10 o’clock~!” My eyebrow raised at her outburst my eyes boredly trailing that way. Walking into the small cafe was Shoto and Momo causing me to groan internally. Let me clarify that these past two weeks were very stressful. I didn’t want to see them, it hurt, but I accepted it. Yet he didn’t? I turned into a mouse, climbing into my bag with struggle before he saw me. “Why do you keep avoiding him?” She whispered to my bag, I glared at her chittering angrily. “Okay. I get it, let me pay and we can go..” She got pretty good at knowing when I’m not okay in public, so she stood and paid, I peered at her as she made it back over and grabbed our drinks after sliding my bag over her shoulder.

Once outside, I looked into the window seeing him looking to the side, not really focused on the excited raven haired girl. After she carried me off I morphed back.

“I’m avoiding him cause he keeps trying to scout me out! It’s annoying. Can't he leave me alone?” I glared at the ground, kicking it.

“Maybe he’s sorry for being a total ass!” I rolled my eyes.

“He wasn’t a complete ass, just a little off putting. I mean, I was so excited that I found him, it’s really my fault. But he’s at fault for running. I’m already over him.” Mei scoffed causing me to point at her accusingly. “And what do you think?”

“You’re not, it’s obvious you want to be a good soulmate. Honestly you tend to make me think of an envious protective mate. Maybe cause you spend so much of your time as animals.” She joked causing me to blush and shove her. “Hey! You know I’m right! Just try to be his friend! You don’t have to make out or anything!” Her emphasis on 'make out' told me she totally wanted us to which caused me to shudder.

“Ew, but okay…. Maybe.” I gave it a second, pondering. “Nah, I’m fine.” I concluded, shuddering at the past experience. And that was two days ago. Two. Nope, not over it. I straightened myself, taking the drink from her, walking quickly away from the cafe to my house.

“Hey! I swear to god! You need to! You’d be so cute together!” I stopped and looked at her, choking on a laugh.

“No shit Hatsume! He’s my soulmate!” She bashfully looked away.

“Oh yeah! Sorry!” She ruffled her hair, laughing as she closed the distance walking with me to my house. “You need to be friendly though, it’s the only way to ever get him to see your true beauty.”

“Nope.” I answered instantly. “Something happened between us and I am not going to friend him so soon.”

“Tell me!” She whined.

“No!” I shouted, shutting the door on her. “Go home!” Listening to her whine I hadn’t noticed my parents walk into the living room happily.

“We have news!” I jumped, screaming.

“HOLY GREAT GODS ABOVE!” I screeched looking at them. They laughed, stumbling out apologies that they didn’t mean. "What’s the news?" I asked once I calmed down, locking the door so Mei couldn’t get in.

“My job is having me travel to the Amazon Jungle. And you guys can come with me!” My mom cheered. “Only if you want to! No pressure!” I looked to the side in thought. I bet it’d be beautiful. Just like anything else that had a tragic backstory. I smiled, nodding.