Excerpt

Aria's hands shook as she walked along the lit hallways of the Palace which were illuminated by oil touches hung at several intervals on the inscribed walls.

Her hands clutched the bronze tray that held the Pharaoh's night medicines tightly.

Contrary to popular notions by the people, the Pharaoh was actually kind. He only put up a ruthless front to quench any case of rebellion arising in the Palace.

What made her hands tremble wasn't her meeting with the Pharaoh, no, it was the fear of running into the Crown Prince.

Yes, the Crown Prince.

Following the previous night's incident, Aria didn't think she could endure another encounter with the Prince.

She sighed a breath of relief as she neared the Pharaoh's chambers as directed.

"Aria."

Aria stopped dead in her tracks. She smelt him before she even saw him. She gulped and immediately broke out in a sweat.

She recognised that emotionless voice anywhere.

Slowly, stiffly, she turned around to meet amber green-rimmed eyes staring into hers.

Her grip tightened on the tray.

She had to get out of there.

...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Author's note: Hey guys this is Kehinde, the author of 'Bittersweet'😄♥️-also a spiritual book.

'Sands In The Darkest Night', isn't your typical, conventional 'Christian' book and I believe there are lots of lessons to be learnt from this book. I'm very excited about it in fact.

If you loved 'Bittersweet' I'm sure you'll love this book even more-if that's even possible😄. And if you haven't read 'Bittersweet', mehn, you're missing a lot😉. You can go to my profile, click it and add it to your library, thanks!

I'd really love your support, you can add it to your reading list, help share. You can vote if you think this book deserves it and I love constructive criticism, so your comments are always welcomed.

Are you ready for this journey?👂Yes?

And weeeeeeerrrreeeeee off!😄🤗. Stay blessed, God loves you. I hope you love this book and may it bless you. Amen!☺️♥️

I'll update the first chapter this week. Stay tuned!