Chains

*This chapter is dedicated to oyindamolaishat. Thanks for all your support. God bless you.*

Note: Everything is purely fictional. Happy reading, love you guys. Enjoy!♥️

~The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not covet," and whatever other command there may be are summed up in this one command: "Love your neighbour as yourself."~

...
A family of four travelled wearily for days following the breach in Jerusalem by the Chaldeans. They were a part of the handful that escaped and now for them, the future wasn't certain, but as long as they were together, they believed they would be fine.

Aria and her younger brother Eros were only children when the carrying away of her people took place. Ever since they sojourned in the strange land after the dreadful experience.

Then she was four and her brother was only two.

Prior to them coming to the land she had never left the four walls of Jerusalem. The strange land they sojourned in was Egypt—a prosperous land indeed filled with blood and toil.

She and her family became slaves to Pharaoh. He had twelve princes whom he set in charge of the entire provinces, each having their own district to govern.

Needless to say, Egypt was a far cry from Jerusalem. She could vaguely remember the garden behind their home that she and her mother had nursed together.

Aria, ever since they got to Egypt had never known freedom, never knew what it was like to be free, to be able to move without soldiers monitoring your every move.

Ever since she was old enough-and by old enough, ever since she clocked eight she'd been going out to the plantations with her parents.

Everybody thought the Pharaoh to be ruthless, exacting impossible taxes on the people who worked from the crack of dawn to the setting of the sun every day.

The Pharaoh had a son-Prince Akhenaten. She had only seen him once-just once. She was fourteen at the time.

She had been washing her face by the bank of the Nile River when she saw the Royal Fleet, in all its finesse and glory.

Pharaoh Amenhotep stood dauntingly beside his wife as they watched on proudly as their son-the only heir of Egypt, spar with his trainer, as was the custom.

It was one of the trainings-swordsmanship-he needed to go through in order to become a good leader, to become a worthy Pharaoh.

Aria had stared entranced as she watched him spar-the sun glittering off his bronze skin.

He must have been no older than twenty years old. Even in the harsh sun, she could see that he was handsome, very handsome, although his emotionless eyes made him look deadly.

That day was the first and only time she had seen Prince Akhenaten.

She and her family arrived at Egypt when she was four, she had worked in the plantation now for fourteen years.

She was eighteen now and most girls her age were already being married off but she couldn't focus on that, she needed to help her parents in the plantation fields.

She wiped the sweat on her forehead with the back of her hand, her short dark hair getting in her dark brown eyes. She had cut her waist-long hair due to the rising attention she'd been receiving from not only her fellow kin but from the dreaded Egyptians as well.