In your eyes

*This chapter is dedicated to PeacefulPeace9* Thank you so much dear for your support and love. God bless you real good♥.

Akhenaten laid Aria gently down on the small bed. He knelt beside her and allowed himself to observe her delicate features.

When Akhenaten had first seen her at the temple it'd taken everything not to take her in his arms, hold her and never let go but he'd controlled himself.

He'd seen the look of pure shock and then disbelief before she fainted. He'd also caught the sad look in her eyes and it broke his heart.

He caressed her cheek ever so softly. He was not the man he used to be. He'd changed, he'd been transformed- regenerated.

Akhenaten felt her stir, he waited patiently for her to wake. His eyes went to his nemes crown he'd put off before entering the temple by his side.

Akhenaten waited as she slowly opened her eyes.

He made eye contact with Eros who waited dutifully by her side.

"Eros, " Aria called.

Eros broke the eye contact and held her hand.

"I'm right here Aria, " he said assuredly.

"I had the strangest dream, " she said softly.

"But I wish it wasn't a dream, " she whispered.

"It wasn't, " Aria heard that same voice say.

Aria turned slowly to the source of the voice, the voice she'd dreamed of for years, the voice that had haunted her dreams.

Her eyes widened as they met amber ones and then they lowered.

"Akhenaten, " she whispered.

She placed her hand gently on his cheek.

Akhenaten's heart broke when he saw the tear that fell down her cheek. He placed his hand over hers and closed his eyes.

"Aria, " he said her name softly, the pain evident in his voice.

Eros saw his cue to leave and left the two alone, they had much to discuss.

"How-How are you alive?" She asked softly.

Akhenaten took her hand in his and kissed it.

He looked into her eyes.

"I was brought back, " he said in his deep quiet voice.

"How?" He searched her eyes.

"Your God brought me back, " he said.

Aria's eyes widened and then lowered. She squeezed his hand.

"Tell me everything, " and he did.

He took in a deep breath.

"Before the time of the rebellion, I had been wounded-mortally wounded, " he started.

Aria gasped and looked down at his chest. The fatal wound was gone.

She touched it lightly-there was no scar, not one trace of the wound he'd suffered.

Akhenaten stared at her intently as she focused on the place the wound used to be.

She finally looked up and met his amber eyes staring intently at her.

She blinked and quickly retracted her hand.

"Who had done that to you?" She asked knowing it was the fatal wound that had taken his life.