Broken

~You think you're loving me. All you're doing...is killing me slowly.~ Kehinde🙂

Aria had ran after him out the throne room, but she hadn't caught any sight of him.

She panicked and in her unstable state, she'd bumped into Achin.

"Aria, calm down. Are you okay?" Achin asked concern etched in her brows.

Aria shook her head.

"Where is the execution holding?" Aria managed to ask.

"By the arena," Achin answered.

Aria's eyes widened.

"No." She whispered.

Without another moment to waste, she made a mad dash outside the impossibly large Palace and made her way to the arena, turned execution ground.

By the time Aria got to the arena, her had eyes widened at the number of people gathered. Officials and civilians alike, even...children!

She made her way through the enormous crowd and succeeded in getting to the front.

Her heart broke when she saw her parents forced to kneel, head bowed with their hands tied behind their back.

"No." She sobbed.

She looked up at the gallery and saw him-he was wearing his nemes crown holding the staff of Pharaoh.

She saw the Israeli woman by his side.

Aria looked around her at the hungry eyes of the people waiting to fill their blood lust.

It was a public execution.

Aria stared at Akhenaten but she knew it was almost impossible for him to see her.

One of the court officials-the one that had been to the throne room-read the offences they'd been charged out loud.

"...and therefore the Israeli offenders have been charged with treason for the destruction of the Royal family's plantation." Aria covered her mouth as tears blurred her eyes.

"And the penalty for this act of treachery...is public execution by beheading." The official finished.

"No!" Aria screamed through the crowd, which drew lots of attention-including his.

Aria ran to the open space to where her parents were held and hugged her aged mother, her knees digging into the stony ground.

"Mama." She whispered brokenly.

"My dear child." She heard her mother's strong voice say.

Aria hugged her tighter.

"I see your heart covered in pain and darkness."

"The God of your fathers has great plans for you. Seek him." Aria heard her mother's voice say.

Aria nodded against her shoulder.

She felt hard hands grab her about to tear her away from her mother, from her everything.

"I love you, Mama." She quickly said.

Aria quickly hugged her father too kissing him.

"I love you, Father." She whispered before she was pulled off of them.

"Forgive me!" She cried.

Aria felt her heart torn from her as they ripped her from her parent's arms.

Tears fell down her cheeks as she saw the four executioners unsheathe their swords, ready to slaughter. Aria fought her captors but they forced her to the ground.