Realisation

~A battle unseen rages all around us. You don't have to see it to believe it. The darkness is seductive, but there is no greater pleasure than life from the place of light.~ Author.

But the Angels never left her side. Not during the day nor the night. And it infuriated Akhenaten, it made him uneasy.

Akhenaten laid on his bed in his private chamber, one hand behind his head.

He stared blankly at the ceiling, thoughts of her filled his mind.

'Don't harden your heart Akhenaten....'

'I won't leave because I believe there's good in you.'

He heard her soft voice clearly as it echoed in his mind.

He sat up, his eyes lowered.

He remembered how her eyes had held such sincerity in them when she'd said those words to him.

He buried his face in his palm.

She could have left, gone, free from him forever, but she'd chosen to stay.

'Why?'

'Why would she?'

He sat at the edge of his bed his head bowed.

He could feel the darkness. There were things he'd done that he hadn't wanted to do.

It was the darkness that resided within him. It forced him.

He was a captive, he was a captive trapped in a demonic influence.

He had no control over his body, over the things he did or said.

He'd resisted the darkness, not wanting to kill the girl, but after fighting the darkness for so long, he'd learnt to succumb to it, to let go, there was no point in fighting it.

He would only end up in more pain.

Every single time he was near Aria, the darkness always wanted him to hurt her, and most times he succumbed.

'What was so special about Aria?'

'Why was he so hung up on her?'

'Why was he obsessed?'

He didn't know. He didn't want to be but he had no control.

Akhenaten felt arms wrap around his chest from behind.

He felt the very naked body press against him and whisper in a sultry voice.

"Come back to bed."

Akhenaten had forgotten about the woman in his bed. The feeling felt alien, but as she trailed kisses down his neck, he felt the darkness fog his mind and the only thing he could feel in that moment was the momentary relief her embrace brought.

So, little by little, he succumbed to her touches, but then just as he sank under, he heard Aria's soft voice.

'Akhenaten.'

His eyes bolted open and he stood breathing hard.

His back was to the woman.

"Leave." He said in a low tone.

Not wanting to be at the receiving end of his wrath, she wore her clothes and left quietly.

Akhenaten let out a breath.

He sat back down and buried his face in his palms.

"Aria." He whispered her name.

He removed his hands. He closed his eyes and concentrated hard. In a second, he found her outside the Palace, by an oasis.