Sage

Aria had been assigned a new duty. She was to be the Pharaoh's handmaid. When Kamuzu had told her, she had nearly fainted.

She wasn't special.

Not just anyone waited on the Royal Family...the Pharaoh no less.

Kamuzu had assured her that there was nothing to fear after she had expressed her anxiety.

She'd only heard colourful things about the Pharaoh since she got to the Palace, she prayed she'd be fine.

Aria's hands shook as she walked along the lit hallways of the Palace which were illuminated by oil touches hung at several intervals on the inscribed walls.

Her hands clutched the bronze tray that held the Pharaoh's night medicines tightly.

Contrary to popular notions by the people, the Pharaoh was actually kind. He only put up a ruthless front to quench any case of rebellion arising in the Palace.

What made her hands tremble wasn't her meeting with the Pharaoh, no, it was the fear of running into the Crown Prince.

Yes, the Crown Prince.

Following the previous night's incident, Aria didn't think she could endure another encounter with the Prince.

She sighed a breath of relief as she neared the Pharaoh's chambers as directed.

"Aria."

Aria stopped dead in her tracks. She smelt him before she even saw him. She gulped and immediately broke out in a sweat.

She recognised that emotionless voice anywhere.

Slowly, stiffly, she turned around to meet amber green-rimmed eyes staring into hers.

Her grip tightened on the tray.

She had to get out of there.

Aria quickly bowed and stared down at her feet.

"My Prince." She said quietly.

'Thank God she didn't stutter.'

Images of what happened at the lake the previous night invaded her thoughts.

How she had tripped over her own two legs and how he had caught her seamlessly.

Just for invading his privacy, he could have her beheaded but she had seen him bare-and he hadn't even seemed to mind.

She didn't want to die.

After he had caught her, stared into her eyes and had told her he was the Crown Prince, Aria had wanted to die at that moment.

She had wanted the ground to open up and swallow her.

Without thinking twice, she had removed herself from his hold and had ran faster than the chariots of Pharaoh.

He hadn't said anything else since he spoke her name. Her head was bowed so she couldn't tell what expression he had on his face.

'Probably disgust.'

"Why did you run away?" He questioned.

His voice was so calm it was impossible.

Aria hadn't expected that question.

Her hands trembled, making the wares give clanging sounds as they hit one another.

She inhaled sharply.

"My L-Lord, you're the Crown Pri-"

"I know what I am." He cut her off.

As he took in her small frame, he noticed her trembling hands.