Vile

~You look in front of you and all you see is darkness, you look behind and it's the same. You've run out of options, what do you do? I'll tell you what you don't do, don't run to that darkness~ Kehinde🙂

Akhenaten remained in his bed chambers.

His eyes were closed and he found his thoughts wandering to her-yet again.

He felt the all too familiar pain that came with it.

He tried distracting himself, losing himself in the pleasure and brief comfort the finest women provided.

But they were short-lived.

None of them made him feel the way she did.

No one had ever resisted him-no one.

But she had.

It roused within him such confusion that she could so easily be unaffected by him when just looking at her made him lose all rational thoughts.

He wanted her...he needed her, and soon he would have her. Whole or broken, alive or in death.

•••

Aria was alone by the servant's washing pool once again, once all the others had left.

Sometimes, she just liked being alone.

She didn't know if she could take anymore encounters with him.

She wouldn't be able to bear it, she just wouldn't.

She was tempted to run away, from him, from all of it.

But something within her told her that there was nowhere she could run that he wouldn't find her, and that terrified her so much that she felt suffocated. She couldn't breathe.

'What had she gotten herself into?'

'Just what exactly had she gotten into?'

She should never have gone back to that lake-to him.

But she hadn't been able to help it.

He was right, she was also drawn to him, but she knew it was an unholy attraction.

'She wanted out but why did his touch always send her nerves blazing?'

She let out a sob and wrapped her hands around herself.

Everything drew her in...his deep quiet voice, his dark hair, his eyes...

She buried her face in her folded arms.

'What was wrong with her?'

She wanted it to stop, she wanted him to stop.

He terrified her.

Tears fell on her cheeks.

'What was she going to do?'

She had no idea what he was capable of...and she had a feeling she was about to.

•••