Turning Point

*Five years ago...*

"Unlike your parents, he would never leave, he'll always love you. All he wants is for you to love him back." Akhenaten felt her kiss him on his forehead her tears falling on his cheek.

He wanted that love she spoke about, a love that endured. A love that would never leave.

He felt her arms wrap tightly around him as she buried her face in his neck crying softly.

He let out a soft breath feeling sleepy.

"I'd like that," he whispered.

He felt his eyes close a little bit more. He felt her arms tighten around him.

He loved her so much.
He had to tell her, he had to tell her before he...

He wanted to hold her but he was too weak.

"I-" he let out in a soft breath his eyes closed-and his heart stopped beating.

Akhenaten saw himself outside his body. He looked down at his hands, he could see through them.
It was different from when he astral projected.

He knew she couldn't see him. She cried against his lifeless body and Akhenaten was surprised at how much his death seemed to affect her.

He moved closer to her, he wanted to touch her, to comfort her because her sobs hurt him in a way nothing else ever had.

But his hand went through her.

And that was when he heard it. It was barely a whisper but he'd heard it, clearly.

"I love you."

Akhenaten's eyes widened and he took a few steps back.

'She loved him.'

'Aria loved him.'

He wanted to go back, he had to wake up, but he couldn't, no matter how much he tried he couldn't enter back into his body.

'No, no, no, no!'

It was the biggest irony in history.

The woman he wanted finally loved him back, but he was dead...

It was agonising but he knew it was nothing compared to the hell he knew he would soon face.

He knew it was time he received his punishments for all the things he'd done, all the lives he'd taken.

"Lord Akhenaten, " he knew they were there.

He turned to see their grinning faces.

Four of the Oracles stood before him.

"How does it feel to be bested by one of your own?" Amam growled.

Akhenaten clenched his fists.

"See your human girl there, she's going to leave Egypt and forget all about you, "

"Her soft, untouched succulent body will belong to another man, "

Akhenaten watched Aria as she loosened her hold around him, eyes pain-stricken.

"Goodbye Akhenaten, " She kissed his cheek.

Her brother helped her up and they both made their way out of the burning Palace.

"You did this to me, " Akhenaten turned to them, voice dangerously low.

"No, you did this to yourself. You were compromised, 'she' did that!" Amam pointed to the direction Aria and her brother went.