Bittersweet

~I love you...even though nothing I did ever made you feel that way. My mind's fallen apart and I realised it didn't just start when I met you. But it broke into a million intangible pieces...the moment I made those tears fall down your cheeks.~ Akhenaten.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Attack!" They all pointed their drawn swords at him.

Before Aria could move to shield Akhenaten, so Eros could order them to stop, Akhenaten had moved around her faster than she could blink, slitting the throat of two of the rebels.

The others came charging one after the other and Akhenaten disembowelled three of them.

The remaining two charged at him, Akhenaten blocked the attack of one with his sword and gripped his neck...breaking it.

He turned to the last one and slit his throat.

Their body fell cold to the floor-all seven of them.

Akhenaten grip tightened on his sword as he straightened. Aria noticed he winced a little as he did so.

Aria gasped at the amount of blood everywhere.

Akhenaten's sword dripped with the blood of the freshly slain.

Aria looked back up at Eros who was the only one standing.

"Step away from him, Aria!" Eros told her as he moved so fast Aria barely had time to react.

The sounds of clashing swords rang through the air.

The urgency in his voice had made her move away to the side.

Aria watched as her brother glared daggers at Akhenaten's expressionless ones as their swords remained locked.

"You bastard." Eros gritted out as he stepped back unlocking their swords.

He made to attack Akhenaten again.

"Eros please!" Aria cried softly. Eros lost focus momentarily and met her eyes, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"You don't have to fight him, Eros." Aria pleaded.

"What has he done to you, Aria? Can't you see he's the enemy? He killed father and mother, he's held you captive here and you don't want me to seek vengeance?!" Eros yelled.

"I'm going to kill him, Aria." He said, his voice dangerously low.

Aria quickly stood in front of Akhenaten, spreading her arms.

"I won't let you," Aria said shaking her head.

The pain that flashed across Eros' eyes made her feel like she'd betrayed her brother.

His anger-filled eyes moved to Akhenaten.

"What have you done to her, you monster?"

Aria cringed at his words.

"He didn't do anyth-"

"I did." Akhenaten cut her off.

Aria's eyes widened.

"I touched your sister, held her against her will and I killed your parents-even though she begged me not to." He stated in his deep quiet voice staring at him.

"Kill me if you want to." He threw his sword to the side.

Aria turned to him, eyes filled with shock.

"Akhenaten, what are you saying?" She asked desperately, tears filling her eyes.

His eyes met hers.