Into the Past

~Trust the past to the mercy of God, the present to His love, and the future to His providence🙏~ Quote above💪

Unexpectedly, in the week that followed, Pharaoh, Akhenaten's father died.

And Akhenaten was officially appointed the new Pharaoh.

Aria knew some rituals were involved but Aria was terrified to know.

Ahmes' visit a few days ago had comforted her a great deal and Aria was glad she had someone who looked out for her, even in the Palace.

Akhenaten had thrown a banquet for his father's funeral and for his official Coronation as the new Pharaoh.

For the occasion, Aria was dressed in one of the most expensive linens in all of Egypt, adorned with precious jewellery. Her hair was styled in a way that made her look like Royalty.

The Banquet Hall was huge and people filled everywhere.

There were lots of music and dancing.

The banquet guest in the form of other nobles from neighbouring countries, princes and princesses alike even kings revelled in the entertainment provided by the singers, dancers, jugglers and acrobats.

Music of all variety completed the mood and the bubbly atmosphere of the banquet, with musicians playing instruments such as drums and the harp.

The entertainment carried on as the feast was made ready.

The lightning was impressive and it gave the atmosphere a soothing ambience.

Aria's hands shined with the golden bracelets and her entire body was covered in paint.

She'd been doused in the most expensive ointments and the heavenly smell took her breath away.

Aria thought she smelt divine.

Everywhere was beautiful.

•••

Aria saw Akhenaten settled on the feather-soft cushions meant for the new Pharaoh.

Aria felt the air knocked out of her at the sight before her.

He wore the nemes crown and the false beard.

In his hands, he held the crook and the flail across his thighs.

His eyes were painted with kohl, arched by the sides.

Akhenaten's eyes met hers from across the hall and Aria's leg threatened to give way from underneath her.

Aria watched him stand and walk towards her, her heart beat so fast, she thought it would break out through her chest to the polished floor.

Aria remained rooted to the spot, it was as if she couldn't move or rather, at the moment, she was incapable of that action.