Chapter 12

Osias

I hated cooking, and I always have. So, why did I find myself in the small kitchen of the Alpha wing, whipping up some grub? The answer was simple. My beloved was hungry.

Although Berlin desperately tried to hide it from me, it would take an idiot not to know that he was still hurting. Behind his soft-spoken and passive exterior, I could tell that he was struggling something great. At a tug-of-war with himself, and I could not exactly tell which side was winning. So, I opted for the next best thing, to smother my little mate with as much love, support, and care as I could until he was able to stabilize himself.

'Beep! Beep!'

I cursed underneath my breath at the smoke detector as I hurried to open a couple of windows, turning off the stove as well before grumbling underneath my breath at the sight of the eggs that I attempted to scramble, now a charred mess and stuck to the pan. I waved my hands at the detector, trying to move the smoke away from it before quickly losing my patience and banging the thing hard with my hand, the plastic pieces falling to the floor as I cursed out the inanimate object under my breath.

After disposing of the soiled eggs and finally getting the smoke detector to shut the fuck up, my head whipped up at the sound of small feet 'pitter-pattering' on the hardwood. Dammit, I knew that the loud ass thing would make him come check what was going on.

However, my anger at the smoke detector quickly dissolved at the sight of my Angel, peeking his little blonde head around the corner before walking over, his hair an adorable disaster on top of his head from his earlier nap during my meeting. Wasting no time at all, I walked over to him as he sniffed the air and turned his little button nose up in disdain.

"Ew... What happened in here? It smells so bad." he gagged dramatically at the charred stench in the air, effectively giving away my embarrassing lack of cooking skills. I embraced the small man in front of me tightly, my nose traveling slowly down the side of his neck as I growled against it playfully.

"I made you brunch, but the eggs decided to burn themselves." I grumbled out, savoring the feeling of holding my mate in my arms before he would pull away, as he always did. "But thankfully, the orange juice and toast are still salvageable."

As if on cue, Berlin untangled himself from my hold and shook his head at my explanation with a soft giggle as he walked over to the barstools, hoisting his tiny body into one of the high-sitting chairs. I very reluctantly allowed him to do so, knowing that his comfort is much more important than my selfish instincts of always wanting him attached to my hip.

Berlin smiled at me and rested his elbows on the counter, pursing his pink lips and cocking his head to the side curiously. "I'm beginning to think that you have zero skills in the kitchen." he teased, biting his bottom lip softly with another painfully adorable giggle.

"...But we have fucking amazing skills in bed" muttered York inside of my mind with a deeply offended tone. I rolled my eyes at his words before shutting him out of my consciousness once again. That bastard needed to get used to the fact that he can't be a horny jackass whenever he is around Berlin in his human form. Whatever he chooses to say about Berlin's wolf isn't my business, but Berlin's human form is mine.

"I've also never heard of eggs burning themselves" he continued with a smile, pulling his shoulder-length blonde hair back into a ponytail and securing it with a mauve colored scrunchie. My heart clenched as he more of his gorgeous face was revealed. I didn't think I'd ever grow tired of seeing it. 

"I've had a maid my entire life, so I've never needed kitchen skills." I grumbled back, setting a plate of slightly burnt toast and a glass of orange juice on the table before him. "Eat up."