Chapter 18

I've uploaded again! Please make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed it!

I will be updating weekly now so make sure to add to your library to get the notifications!

S. A. A

                               °°°°°°°♧°°°°°°

"Had enough?" Emut's voice rang out in a teasing tone and I pushed up from the floor, a scowl on my face. Turning slowly back to the male, I wiped the sweat off my forehead.

"Not quite," I remarked before drawing my sword up again and letting it clash against his.

We maneuvered around the combat floor and I paid diligent attention to each movement, my eyes straining with the sheer focus I was putting into each move. Meanwhile, Emut stood shouting orders and one hand lazily at the side.

"Remember, no edge blows!"

"Find the weak points, Hanna!"

"Not the outer, but the inner elbow. There's no armour protection there!"

I changed my position and tactics to each command that was thrust my way.

He moved his sword up and I kept a keen gaze on it. That was when he used his shoe to swipe my legs out from under me, pointing the knife at my throat. I fell with an ungraceful thud, looking up and sighing dramatically.

"Your attention needs to be on everything at all times." He scolded and I smiled at the position of his sword at my throat.

"This feels a bit familiar." I mused to which Emut shook his head with a smile before helping me up.

"I remember us meeting in a similar manner." He answered playfully, taking the words from my mouth and I nodded, dusting my hands off.

"That seems like lifetimes ago." I murmured out truthfully thinking back to the first day.

It had been 2 months of exactly this same routine- training with Emut, helping with the festival preparation, eating lunch and then going back home where we were then allowed our own time. Time seemed to be going so slow yet so fast at the same time and I couldn't believe that the Wag festival was to be held tomorrow. Negus was to have a meeting on it when we returned from the village.

"What does Negus want to see us about exactly?" I questioned as we got into our combating stance, my arms drawn in close.

Emut circled me and I mirrored him as he did so.

"He wants to make sure the festival goes without any hitches. He's prepared a contingency battle plan if there is to be any interruptions and we need to make sure we're alert." He explained before bringing his sword to me. I lifted mine in response, the clashing sound making my teeth clench.

"Good, Hanna, your reflexes are much faster." He praised before changing his arm position and attacking from the side. I moved in response, turning my body to the side and bringing the sword down on top of his with force. He pushed upwards, making me stagger back before putting the sword forward straight on, I tilted the sword slightly, using the edge of it to push him away.

"Never lock your wrists like that. You'll restrict your movement too much."

I nodded rigidly, moving back suddenly and giving myself time to change arm positions. But, Emut was faster than I had expected and he brought his sword down before I had time to react, cutting me cleanly on my arm.

"Aargh!" I let out, staggering back with one hand going to clutch my arm. The sound of metal clattering against the floor rang through the hall and I looked up to see Emut by my side, his gaze on my arm in concern.