Chapter 82

An orange glow was emanating from the tent and I looked around in awe as I walked in. There were tables on the side, holding food and I inhaled the delicious aroma. There were a few luxurious sofas at the centre, arranged to be a seating area. I made my way towards the food table and grabbed a plate before putting food into it and making my way to sit on the sofa. I let out a sigh as soon as I was sat, feeling my aching muscles relax- a marking memory of the fight's struggle. Ignoring the thoughts of the creature, I dug into my meal. I hadn't eaten properly all day, save for a fruit salad in the morning and my stomach was yearning for a meal.

"I thought I saw you go in here."I turned abruptly at the voice, looking to Emut stood at the entry of the tent, a smile on his face and I let out a deep sigh, placing a hand against my pattering heart.

"You scared me, Emut." I voiced out and Emut raised an eyebrow before ducking slightly and entering in further.

"Well, I apologise for intruding on... your private escapades." He said teasingly, gesturing to my plate that was full to the brim and I narrowed my eyes in response.

"Do you have an issue with me satiating my stomach?" I drawled with a small smile as Emut shook his head, brushing a hand through his hair.

"My only issue is you didn't call me to join you." He replied smoothly, his eyes as orange as the light in the tent as he looked to me and I smiled at his words before pointing to the food tables.

"Well, I'm not opposed to that. Grab some food and make yourself comfortable." I answered, patting the spot on the sofa next to me. Emut's smile widened at this, but he shook his head yet again.

"I already ate with the boys just before you arrived." He explained and I recalled having seen him exit out the tents as I had come. Nevertheless, I acted as though I was offended, placing a hand against my chest.

"So, it was actually you who didn't call me to join." I concluded, raising an eyebrow and Emut smiled, folding his muscled arms across his chest.

"In my defence, I did try wait for you. Was it my fault that you took a lifetime to arrive?" He answered in a means to retort, but I focused on the former piece of the sentence as opposed to the taunt at the end.

"You waited for me?" I asked curiously and Emut nodded.

"I waited for the three of you." He expanded and I smiled at the sentiment before scowling jokingly.

"Well, you still ate without us, so it doesn't count." I said with a shrug, making him laugh slightly before he looked down to me with his warm gaze.

"Well, I don't know about the others, but I can make it up to you." He answered in his usual deep tone and my eyebrows furrowed at his words.

"And how are you planning to do that?" I asked poignantly, making him shrug, but I noted how he didn't break eye contact.

"I got you something." He answered vaguely, his voice echoing across the small area and I faltered slightly when I processed his words.

"What?" I said stupidly to which he smiled before moving closer. I watched intently as he neared me before crouching right near my legs. The room remained silent as he grabbed the plate from my lap and placed it to the side before looking to me yet again.

"Close your eyes, Hanna." He murmured and I opened my mouth to speak, but he wrapped a warm hand around my wrist, effectively stopping my speech.

"Close them." He repeated, his voice a gentle lull and, this time, I complied. Closing my eyes, I relied on my other senses as I waited for what was to come. I could hear some shuffling noise, but that was all.