-33-

______________________________

Walking out the office I realized that this is gonna be harder than it looks. I had my license
since I was 17 but I never bought a car....I never really saw the need for one because I'm still living with my dad. He usually takes me everywhere I need to go, but as of right now that's not the case....I have to take the bus...

Luckily there was a bus stop not too far from the office. I patiently awaited for the bus under the little shed as the birds chirped from the nearby tree. I really hope he is okay....if he didn't run through rain like a child he wouldn't be in this situation. Jungkook almost never misses a day at work, so for him to be missing today....it has to be serious.

*time skip at Jungkook's home*

(During this time time Y/n got the medicine from the pharmacy and took another bus to
Jungkook's home.)

I sighed as I made my way to the front of the bus, handing the bus driver the transport fee. He smiled my way as he opened the doors only to reveal Jungkook's mansion ahead. I hopped out the bus as I walked up the driveway. I couldn't bring myself to the conclusion as to why I'm so nervous right now, I literally slept here....all my stuff is here.

I stood at the entrance as my hands laid on the door knob, only to realize it was locked when I slightly turned it. Well of course y/n...why would he leave the door open?! I groaned as I dug deeply into my purse, the day he brought me here, Jungkook had given me a spare key incase of any emergencies. I hoped that it was in here and not at Taehyung's.

A rush of worry took over my body as I couldn't seem to lay my hands on it. Ugh! I really need to clean out my purse.

"Aish....Thank god!" I exclaimed out as a huge breath of air escaped my mouth. I held the keys in my hands as I slowly unlocked the door, trying not to make to much noise I slowly made my way inside.

A shadow of darkness covered over me as I entered. I took my heels off as I closed the door behind me. There wasn't even a single light bulb on in here. I sighed as I walked towards the light switch where I managed to turn on all the lights downstairs.

I threw my purse on the couch as I took the black bag that held all the medicines I bought earlier. I sighed as I threw my hair up in a bun before walking up the stairs. I'm sure he's in his room. I slowly walked down the hallway making my way towards his room.

My hands fell on the door knob as I softly turned it. My head sticking inside a little just to meet complete darkness. I stuck my body through the small space as I closed back the door. I tip toed closer towards the bed only for my eyes to meet upon a familiar figure laying there.

"Jungkook...." I whispered as I sat beside him where there was a little space available. He was completely covered in his blanket.

"Jungkook....."

But there was no answer. My hands slowly moved up to his forehead where I checked his temperature with the back of my hand.

"Jungkook....you're burning hot....." I said in a worried tone. I could tell right away he had a very high fever. Luckily, since my dream was to always become a doctor, I had taken a lot of courses before. I knew exactly how to deal with a situation like this. The only thing to break his fever was with a washcloth in warm water.

I tried to slowly stand up from the bed,but I was held back. Jungkook's weak grip around my wrist.

He coughed out before speaking,
"Y/n....d-don't go...p-please...." he said in a hoarse tone.

"I'm not going anywhere, I'm going to break your fever." I said as I lightly removed his hands from my wrist.
"I'll be back...."

With that he loosened his grip and allowed me to go about my way. He didn't have the strength to argue right now or even hold me back with that strong grip of his. I felt so bad...knowing that he is in this situation because...of...me.

I made my way into the kitchen where I got a small cloth and a bowl of warm water. I slowly stepped up the steps as I balanced the bowl of water in my hands, in attempt to not let any spill out.

I walked back into his room as I laid the bowl of warm water on the nightstand.
"I need to turn on the lights...." I softly said as I walked back over to his light switch.

As the brightness invaded the room. A groan left his mouth.
"I'm sorry...but I don't wanna spill any water on you...." I said in a pitiful tone.

As I walked back over to him, my eyes landed on his pale face, his blood shot eyes, his dry lips and messy hair covering his forehead.

I sat beside him as I dunked the cloth into the bowl of warm water, only to feel the presence of his eyes on me looking at my every move. I ringed the cloth as I folded it and moved towards his head.

"May I?" I asked for permission before I can move his hair from his forehead only to place the damp cloth that laid in my hands.

He only nodded signaling me that I could continue. My hands swiped his soft hair upwards as it exposed his forehead. I laid the damp cloth there as I rested my hands on it. He closed his eyes as the warmness ran through his body.

My eyes traveling down his forehead, I looked at all his features as my gaze softened. Why did you do all of this? I questioned in my mind. That's my only question to you Jungkook, why?

His eyes slowly opening only to meet mine, I cleared my throat as I removed the cloth and soaked it into the warm water once again, repeating the steps I did earlier.

His eyes were glued on me all this time. I tried avoiding eye contact every time, but when I did....I could hear my every heart beat.
Why didn't I feel nervous when he was looking at me all those other days?
But now.....why am I nervous??

________________________________
To be continued.....
Thanks for reading❤️
Stay tuned for more update 😊

~xoxo~