The Six Thatchers: Chapter 1

You were running late. You took a glance down at your watch as you hurried down the hallway. Mycroft was going to kill you if you made them wait any longer! Scanning the doors in the hallway, you bit your lip as you remembered which room you were supposed to be meeting Sherlock and Mycroft in. You shot towards the door and opened it quickly as you let yourself in. All eyes shot to you as you brushed down your hair that had gotten messed up in your hurry.

"My apologies, a dead body needed tending to." You breathed. You took a seat next to Sherlock and settled in. "Please continue."

"Nice of you to join us, Y/n." Mycroft spoke in a manner that wasn't exactly so greeting. The council's eyes were on you in question from your last statement, obviously curious about the dead body you'd mentioned. If they knew who you were then they knew what your job included. You felt no need to explain yourself.

Sherlock bobbed his head as a greeting as he looked casually down at his phone. "Yes, hello." You could tell he was consumed by whatever he was doing on his phone, and didn't really care about what Mycroft had called this meeting for. Which was obviously about Sherlock shooting Magnussen.

"As I was saying, what you're about to see is classified beyond top secret." Mycroft crossed the room looking up towards a large screen that was split into three sections on different parts of the wall. Each different screen showed a different perspective from the night Sherlock had killed Magnussen. "Is that quite clear? Don't minute any of this." Mycroft shot a look at an elderly woman with short cropped silver hair who had a pad of paper and pen in her hands. She looked up at him before she nodded and placed the pen aside. "Once beyond these walls, you must never speak of it. A D-notice has been slapped on the entire incident. Only those within this room - code names Antarctica, Langdale, Porlock, and Love - will ever know the whole truth."

Mycroft spoke clearly and directly as he looked over the council. He looked really serious about this whole situation. You tried to give him your attention but the sound of quite rapid tapping was diverting your attention. You looked over to Sherlock to see him still bent over his phone typing, you leaned towards him, getting a look at his screen. "Sherlock." You smacked his wrist. He looked up at you defensively and you nodded for him to pay attention. He groaned, but continued typing on his phone anyway. You reached towards it and he pulled away which caught the attention of Mycroft.

"Are you tweeting?" Mycroft looked at his brother disapprovingly.

Sherlock covered his phone as he looked up at his brother with an innocent smile. "No." He quickly stated. Just as he claimed he wasn't the sound of a tweet being sent out left his phone. You shook your head at him with a glare.

"Well, that's what it looks like." Mycroft stated.

"Of course I'm not tweeting. Why would I be tweeting?" Sherlock quickly tried to dig himself out of the situation. You chuckled softly as you saw Mycroft's annoyed look. He could kill Sherlock. He was funny when he was mad. That didn't mean you approved of Sherlock tweeting in this very important meeting.

"Give me that." Mycroft began reaching for Sherlock's phone and Sherlock pulled it closer to his chest, he wasn't giving it up.

"What? No. Get off! What are you doing?" Sherlock held tight to his phone with both hands as Mycroft struggled to rip it away.

"Boys, boys. You're both acting like children." You leaned over Sherlock as you easily plucked the phone from both of their hands with a firm tug. You glanced down at the screen before looking back up at Sherlock. "'Back on terra firma.'" You read one of his recent tweets aloud. If this was going to be Sherlock's new thing he better get off of it soon. It was annoying.

"Don't read them out." He sighed as you scrolled further down the screen with a grin. He reached for his phone again as you leaned out of his way, reading more tweets.