The Six Thatchers: Chapter 5

"You okay?" Sherlock asked when you were finally both in the cab together. You knew he was talking about your small mental breakdown down back at the house and you nodded.

"Fine now." You told him, wanting to change the subject already. You didn't want to go into it too much, or else he'd start questioning you more about it. Then follow up questions would come and you weren't prepared to deal with that at the moment.

"Want to talk about it?" He leaned towards you slightly, not turned towards you but straight ahead. You glanced at him with a skeptical look. Sherlock wanted to talk about it...? Usually when you told him you were fine, that was the end of it, but now he was pressing on. He definitely knew something. Your pulse quickened before you took a breath to prep yourself.

"Since when did we talk about our feelings?"

He turned towards you at that. "We do... occasionally... When it's important." You scanned Sherlock's eyes and you noticed his intense gaze as he looked over at you. You felt like whenever he gave you that intense gaze, he just uncovered all of your secrets, which the two of you rarely had. You told each other everything since Sherlock had promised you. Ever since Janine, he'd kept his word to tell you, quite literally, everything. Unless it was a spur of the moment emergency. Now you felt bad about hiding the pregnancy, but you were scared of how Sherlock might react. You'd never really talked about having kids before.

"Sometimes." You nodded, leaning back towards the window. "I thought you wanted to think about the broken bust. Isn't that why you ditched the other two?" You questioned, leaning into the cab's door. You watched the scenery fly by, your arms crossed over your chest. You really hoped Sherlock hadn't picked up on anything, but knowing him, he'd tell you if he did... right? That was the question you couldn't stop asking yourself because you weren't sure.

"I do, and yes... kind of. Mostly because they get in the way of the thought process, but that's not the point. It was also because I wanted to make sure you didn't need to, well, talk."

You looked at him out of the corner of your eyes. He was being weird, but sometimes he was like that when he was trying to be nice. Maybe this was one of those times. You hoped it was one of those times.

"I don't, like I said, I'm fine." You confirmed for him with a solid and confident nod.

"You're positive that there's nothing that's on your mind- nothing was bothering you back there? You know you can tell me anything, right?" He gestured towards the back of the cab, obviously referring to the house. You studied his face, trying to see what he was getting at. You squinted at him before you shook your head.

"I know, and nope. It was nothing." You told him simply. He sighed slightly, which you didn't take much notice to. "Can we talk about that case though?" Sherlock nodded before he got back into game mode.

***

Once you and Sherlock arrived at the Diogenes Club, you explained to Mycroft the situation, hoping he might have heard of a similar case. He didn't seem to know anything about it... or if it had any significance to Moriarty.

"I met her once." Mycroft looked up towards the both of you after you'd finished discussing the case story.

"Thatcher?" Sherlock questioned.

"Rather arrogant, I thought." Mycroft nodded. You chuckled at that.

"You thought that?!" You asked with a smile. If Mycroft thought that, that really said something about Thatcher. Mostly because he himself was arrogant.

"I know!" Mycroft exclaimed with a slight grin. He took Sherlock's phone that Sherlock had outstretched, looking it over with a frown. He looked back up towards Sherlock in confusion.