Life is So Cruel

Alec's POV

We arrived in Volterra twenty minutes later, parking the limo in the dark alley. It was still night here in Italy so I walked to my room and set Secret on my bed, carefully pulling the covers over her, making sure to be gentle so I wouldn't disturb her peaceful slumber. I turned the lights off and walked out of the room, silently closing the door behind me and walking off to the throne room. Demetri and Felix were already there.

"Ah dear Alec. How nice of you to join us." Said Aro cheerfully.

"Master." I said, bowing.

"What took you so long my boy?" He asked, clasping his hands together.

"I was tucking Secret in master." I said.

He gave me a confused expression but nodded. I looked around but didn't see my sister. Huh. How strange. She was usually the first one to greet me whenever I am back from a mission.

"Master, is Jane on a mission?" I asked.

"No Alec. She is not. Did Secret not tell you?" Asked Aro.

"Tell me what?" I asked, getting mildly irritated.

"She's dead. Jane's dead. She was killed by a rogue vampire on a mission." Signed Aro.

Demetri's POV

I watched as Alec fell to his knees and let out a cry of anguish. He curled into a ball and covered his head in his knees.

"I don't believe it. God is so cruel! First Secret and now Jane! What did I do to upset him so much that he just had to take away the two things that I loved the most?! Why?!" he screamed.

And with that, he ran out of the throne room.