Why!?

Bakugou's POV

After taking the weekend off it was finally time for me to go back to class. Today we were training but because of my current state I had to sit out and watch everyone else.

Everyone was being a little more considerate to me too. Waving at me and smiling. I hated it. I don't need sympathy it just makes everything worse. Occasionally when they waved I waved back. With my middle finger.

When lunch time came along I sat with who I usually sit with. Kaminari, Sero, Kirishima, and Mina. Todoroki also decided to show up and sit beside me.

We spent the entire time talking. I didn't talk much. Mostly I just scoffed and threw food at Kaminari if he got on my nerves. Everything was normal. Except for when some subjects were accidentally brought up that could possibly trigger something.

I had to take the antidepressants anyways this morning and they surprisingly worked. They didn't work much but it was something.

After lunch Mr. Aizawa had another announcement.

"We'll be going on a trip in a week. It's another training camp that will last 7 days. It will be almost the same as last time but different. I'll explain further when the time comes. For now, do your homework." He said as he got into his sleeping bag.

Another trip. I hope this won't be like last time. And if it's in a week that means I still have one therapist appointment to go to before it. Can't I just not go.

Before anyone could come talk to me I laid my head on the desk, which let everyone know I didn't want to talk. I just stayed like that for a few minutes before falling asleep.

Todoroki's POV

I was going to go talk with Bakugou but before I could he fell asleep. He honestly looks really cute in his sleep.

When it was finally time to leave I decided to be the one to wake him up. I let everyone leave before I carefully shook him awake. He jumped and looked around first before finally realizing.

"Class is over." I told him. He quietly packed his stuff and we left for the dorms together. I decided to break the silence.

"Did you have a nice nap?"

"Shut the fuck up Icyhot." He said. I took it as a yes.

"How are you feeling about the training camp next week." I asked. He deeply sighed before saying anything.

"We can talk in the dorm room." I nodded. Ever since he tried to.. He's been quiet. When he was still in the hospital I visited every chance I could and he warmed up to me. He once said I'm a less sensitive, Icy Kirishima. We also bonded a little more over the weekend because Bakugou would still have nightmares about things he wouldn't explain to me. And he had a panic attack once. So I have been sleeping in his bed beside him and the Pomeranian plush he named Queen Em, for Explosion Murder.

We walked the rest of the way in silence. When we got in the dorm everyone was doing their homework in a group.

"Hey Bakubro! Todoroki! Wanna join us in doing the homework?" Kirishima asked with a smile.

Bakugou shook his head and went to the elevator. I followed, not saying a word. My fellow classmates understood enough to not do or say anything else and continued with their work.

When we finally got into our room we put stuff down and Bakugou slumped against the wall and onto the floor. I joined and waited for him to talk.

He took another deep breath.

"You wanna know how I'm feeling about the training camp." He looked at the floor.

"Honestly I feel scared. The threat of the league is still out there and of they don't appear another villain always could pop up. Why do I have to feel this way." I saw him trying to hold back the tears.

It's not fair what he's been through and he deserves better. I want to give him better. But I don't know how or what to do. When it was me I went through it with Fuyumi and Natsuo. But Bakugou has been going through it alone for years.

With the sludge villain before school started, getting kidnapped by the league twice. He probably has a major form of PTSD and anxiety.

I slowly put my hand on his shoulder and he looks at me. He's really trying to hold back the tears. He always tries no matter who he's with. They always come out though.

I hold out my arms invitingly and he crashed into my chest, hugging me and finally letting out the tears.

"What the fuck is wrong with me." He cries.

"Nothing." I tell him, hugging him.

"Then why am I so scared of everything."

Because no one was there to protect you and help you through the darkness. I so badly wanted to tell him that. That I would be there for him. That I'll always be here. But I couldn't. I just couldn't.

We sat there on the floor until Bakugou finished crying into my chest. He looked up at me.

"Can I ask you something?" I nod.

"Why are you still here? Why do you even want to help me?"

Because I was you once. "Because I like you. You're my friend and I don't want to see you hurt." He buries his head into my chest.

"Thanks." He mumbles. I give him a sad smile. One that he can't see.

"Should we go to bed. I bet Queen Em is waiting." He laughs and nods. I stand up and hold out my hand to help him up. He sighs.

"Thanks." He smiles.

Word Count: 968

So ima try to update by Sunday but I'm going to be staying with my grandmother for two weeks. The 20th to the 4th. I'm not sure if she has WiFi so if she doesn't I won't be able to update or anything. That's all I wanted to say and it's why this chapter is shorter than usual.

Have a good day/night!