Unmasked

Read Notes at the Bottom

Bakugou's POV

I was back at Therapy for the 5th time. It has been a month since Shouto and I's first date. We have gone on 3 other dates and now I'm explaining the last one to Ms. Reiki. She seems really glad that I'm happy and I'm also happy.

"So, Bakugou, you aren't having any doubt about anything?" She asks.

"I have plenty of doubt about a lot of things." I tell her.

"You seem genuinely happy with this Todoroki boy." She smiles. I nod because I am. And I know he genuinely loves me and is happy too. I mean he's right outside in the lobby right now.

"Have you been thinking about suicide or self harm since our last meeting?" Which was a week ago. I lean into the couch and think. Over the past month I have had some pretty bad mental breakdowns and had to be reminded and remind myself that I can't and won't be able to get over this overnight. I'm learning to be patient. Which is a weird thing for me because I'm Bakugou fucking Katsuki. But over the past week I was too focused on schoolwork and my boyfriend to think of anything like self harm. So I nod my head no. She smiles.

"That's very good. Is there anything else you'd like to tell me? Anything on your mind?" I look at her. At the end of our sessions she always asks if there is anything else on my mind. Related or not. There has been a lingering thought though that I haven't yet told Ms. Reiki. But now I'm ready too.

"Yeah. About a month ago I tried to commit suicide because... well because I had a mask on. The mask hid my sadness and pain from everyone around me. And when Shouto caught me cutting in a bathroom the mask began to crack. And over time it gradually cracked more until I couldn't hold it up anymore and it broke into pieces. I felt overwhelmed and thought the only way out was.. death. I thought that the mask being broken was a bad thing. But it's actually a really good one. Because I've been unmasked and I've never felt better." I got lost in thought and when I looked back at Ms. Reiki she almost had tears in her eyes.

"Did I say something wrong?" She nodded her head furiously.

"The fact that you put so much thought into that analogy. Shows so much progress in such little time. At your pace you probably won't have to see me anymore within a year." She laughs. I laugh with her. A year.

"What if I don't want to stop seeing you?" I ask. She looks at me with a confused expression on her face. "I just mean.. I like our sessions. They're nice and comfortable."

"Of course, Bakugou. We can continue talking as long as you want."

Todoroki's POV

When Katsuki finished his session we got into the car while we waited for Mr. Aizawa to finish talking to his therapist.

"How was it?" I ask Katsuki. He takes a deep breath. "It was fine, Shouto. Like always." I can tell he is getting a little tired of me always asking how it went but I can't help it. I just want to make sure he's okay. He is doing a lot better. I give him a small kiss on the cheek and he smiles.

"Katsuki."

"Yes?"

"I'm a very lucky person." He laughs and I see a small blush on his face.

"Shouto."

"Yeah?"

"You are lucky." I couldn't help but to laugh as Aizawa gets in the car's driver seat.

"No PDA in my car." He sighed as he started the vehicle and drove back to U.A.

The entire ride was silent except for the occasional sigh from Aizawa when a driver did something he didn't like.

When we finally arrived back at the dorms, Aizawa dropped us off and left. We walked inside and were met with Kirishima telling us not to forget about movie night tonight. We went up to our dorm and just hung out and kissed occasionally. I really was happy.

My parents still don't know about what I'm struggling through. They haven't even contacted me for a long while. The thought that they forgot about me lingers in the back of my mind so I occasionally send a text here or there. When I check they are always left on read, though they probably never even read them. I sigh. Time passed so quickly and now it's time to go downstairs and watch a movie with the class.

Shouto and I go down together to watch the movie. Everyone else is already down and they saved a spot on the couch for us. Todoroki sits down and I sit in his lap while he puts him arms around me. I sigh contently as Uraraka puts the movie on.

Who knew being unmasked was so great?

Word Count: 833

And that's the end of the story. There will be an epilogue and if you want a sequel. I already have an idea so be sure to tell me if you want a sequel or not. Meanwhile I'll also be working on my next story. A Bakudeku story. That will probably be released by i'll say October. But I will be active and you can PM if you want. Now off to write that epilogueeeee