𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝟎𝟒

:::

:::

I couldn't stop thinking about what happened that night. The whole situation with Billie ghosted me for a while now and I haven't come to an answer. Yet.

I haven't had contact with Billie for two weeks. The last contact with her was when we met at the café.

She has left several messages and phone calls but I haven't answered yet. She gave up after trying for a whole week.

I wasn't mad or sad. I was just confused and I wasn't ready to talk it out with her. Thinking about our conversation, she was the one that really understands me with certain things.

But still, how can she fool me like that? Is it all a joke to her?

I steer the cupcake batter roughly, making sure to make it smooth for the oven that's already on the right temperature. I moved the whisk roughly in the glass bowl not taking any break.

The lights from the living room turned on. I heard footsteps coming from my direction.

"Ken it's ten at night, why are you baking again?" Dakota stands next to me comforting me with her hand on my shoulder.

I ignored her still looking down at the cupcake dough that slowly is getting smoother.

"Are you still upset about. Her." She questioned carefully. I just shrug continuing with what I am doing.

"Why would you think that? Do you see me complaining?" I answered blankly steering the butter rougher than first.

Dakota sigh. "Come on Kendra, I know you longer than you know yourself. When you are upset you start baking several sweets, and you can't manage to stop with that. Just talk to me." She holds my arms forcing me to stop. I turn around to look at her waiting for her to say something.

"You describe what happened that night. It was wrong what happened to you, but I think she wasn't doing this on purpose. I think she really got pulled along with you guys conversation, that she thought that it wouldn't matter if she is a girl."

I roll my eyes looking away from Dakota.

"I know you feel betrayed like that and I know that Billie feels terrible. When I read what she has sent you a week-long every day, I can see that she really cares for you. She's terribly romantic, it will surprise me if she's faking what she has written to you. Also, she is freaking hot!" Dakota smiles, I laugh looking at her.