𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝟐𝟔

:::

:::

A few days later

"Good morning, sleepyhead." I cheerfully smiled at her when she shoves herself tiredly in the kitchen. She grabbed a mug out of the cabinet and place it underneath the espresso machine. I flipped the pancakes inside the cooking pan.

"Smells good." Dakota grinned, grabbing her mug when her espresso was warm and ready.

I roll my eyes. "Duh, nothing new." I joked grabbing two plates. "Breakfast together?" I questioned.

"Duh, nothing new." She mimics me, grabbing the cutlery. I smiled handing over the plates.

I bake some more pancakes before joining her at the dinner table. She watched me grabbing the syrup.

"What?" I smiled pouring the syrup on my pancakes.

She shook her head. "No, it's just. I'm happy that you are here. I missed you." She smiled grabbing the sugar. She sprinkled a little bit on her pancakes.

"I missed you too! I'm glad that I'm at home." I smiled cutting my pancake in pieces. "Today is Tayla's party at her house. I have to be honest, I really am into this party."

"You do? You usually don't like big parties."

"I know, but nice people are invited. Like, musicians or young actors and friends from friends. This party is going to be great and classy." I smiled. "Billie got the invitation as well, we are going as a couple." I giggle.

She nods looking down at her food. "Kendra, there is something you have to know about. Billie." She mumbled looking back at me. I frown confused.

"What? What's wrong with Billie?"

She keeps quiet for a while. "You know her ex-girlfriend is in town right?" She says slightly. I nodded wanting her to go on. "They-." She stopped herself biting her lip. She looks very nervous.

"They what?" I say feeling my heart thumping.

"I-I saw them at a party. They had fun." She whispered the last part. I smiled and shrug.

"So? Good for Billie, right. It's nice that they get along even though they are ex-partners."

Dakota nodded looking down. "Y-yes that's true."

I frown. Is there something more going on?

Before I could ask my phone ringed. Looking at the caller ID I see my manager Sabrina. "I have to take this. Excuse me." I stand up from my place grabbing my phone. I walk inside the hall leaning against the wall. "Hey, Sabrina!" I smiled having my phone against my ear.