Chapter Eight

You raised your eyebrow at him to tell him that you were kind of occupied at the moment and didn't have time for any talk other than volleyball. "Kawa-chan, if you're here just to talk, or ask about me and my soulmate again, I'm actually busy right now, so I'll talk to you after school."

"Ouch, [Y/n]-chan! Is that all you think I want? Do you not think I care about the team too?" Standing alone, these words would've made you worry about him, but he seemed to be joking so you brushed it off. When you rolled your eyes to his statement, he dramatically clutched his chest and started talking again. "So mean~ You wound me, [Y/n]-chan, you wound me deeply."

"Boo hoo." Feeling the hard stare you were now giving him, his face turned serious. Your full attention turned to him and you waited for him to continue talking.

"Fine, fine, fine. I'll be serious now., I was wondering if you could borrow your notebook. I'd like to see what information you have on our spikers. If I'm going to beat Tobio-chan at setting, I need to know what you've noticed." Upon hearing this, you saw that Tobio had once again lit a fire under Oikawa. The next match between the two would be heated.

Training, training, training. They were all improving by the day. One of the practices, you were just chatting with Oikawa and Iwaizumi about Tobio. It made you really happy to see that Oikawa had gotten over his initial hatred of your brother.

"Tobio-chan is getting pretty good." Iwaizumi commented.

"Yeah, he's a useless genius who's found an outlet for his talents. So the average person is no match for him anymore." Oikawa agreed with him.

"I'm right here, you know. Maybe don't insult my baby brother in front of me?!"

"No can do! Insults are just kind of a part of my ✨charm✨" He glimmered back at you.

"Kawa-chan, how'd you speak in sPaRKlEs?" You exclaimed, looking at him in shock.

Before Oikawa could break the fourth wall and make some stupid comment about author-chan giving him privileges, Iwaizumi interjected and steered you both to the topic at hand.

"Guys, that's enough, not while we're at practice. Oikawa, are you truly saying that you're no match for him either?"

"Wait, WHO? Kawa-chan isn't a match for who now?"

"Ara ara, you're only good for yelling and arguing. You must not have very good listening comprehension." Oikawa threw a casual insult paired with his usual smirk, taunting you to insult him back. Iwaizumi sent him a glare telling him to knock it off, and Oikawa quickly rushed to fix what he had begun to say. "He's talking about Tobio-chan, remember?" Oikawa mumbled.

"Ohhh, that's right." You stated, tilting your head back in understanding.

"To elucidate (*insert Keith Kogane: "I don't think you're using that word correctly.") my response to your question Iwa-chan, I'm not as good as him regarding tosses." Oikawa began explaining.

"Woah, Kawa-chan, did you just say "elucidate"? What a big word! You know, if you keep thinking so hard, you're going to overwork your little head pea." You teased him back as revenge for earlier. Oikawa just kind of glared at you and continued on.

"Like I was saying BEFORE I WAS RUDELY INTERRUPTED, Tobio-chan is better than me as a setter. As far as tosses are concerned, no player in this prefecture can compete with Tobio-chan. But I'm every bit as good as him when it comes to serves, blocks, and spikes." Oikawa went on.