Chapter 10

It had been about two weeks after camping, Kyoya and Amelia were watching a movie in his living room. When the credits started showing, he left the room and came back a few moments later.

"Come with me to the garden." He held out a hand to help Amelia up. She left her blanket on the couch and followed him outside.

Kyoya asked her to sit on the bench, and afterwards he paced for a few moments before turning to her. He kneeled down in front of her, pulling out a small box from his pocket and looking her straight in the eyes.

"Amelia Diane Jones, will you marry me?" Amelia's eyes widened in shock. She knew that they were betrothed, but she didn't expect him to propose. She had no words, all she could do was nod. Amelia then launched herself at him, wrapping her arms around his neck. Little to their knowledge, father was watching them from a window. He smiled before walking away. Kyoya opened the box and placed a ring on her finger. It was a yellow and rose gold diamond encrusted band, with a cushion cut aquamarine gem surrounded by a lacey type design, also encrusted in diamonds.

"I love you." Amelia said, barely whispering it. Kyoya heard her and smiled, hugging her tightly.

Later in the week, Kyoya decided to let everyone know what the arranged marriage had officially been accepted. They were to be wed after high school.

"We have decided to go through with the arranged marriage, however the wedding will be held after we graduate high school." Kyoya said, standing in front of his father and Amelia's parents. They had decided to announce it at a dinner party, with just the parents.

Father smiled and congratulated them. Amelia's parents did the same, although she thought it sounded like they didn't care. Everyone then started talking about the wedding and asked what Kyoya and Amelia wanted it to be like. Neither were sure on what they wanted, but had plenty of time to think about it.

The night ended nicely, no fighting or arguing between Amelia's parents. She was glad they didn't show their true colors around her in-laws. After a few more moments, they headed for the car so Amelia could go home.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Amelia said, standing next to the car. Kyoya pushed up his glasses, the reflection from the moon shining off of them.

"Don't forget to come to the host club right after practice. I can't handle the idiots for long."

"I will."

"Right away?"

"Right away." Kyoya leaned down and gave her a goodbye kiss, right on the lips, in front of everyone. Amelia got into the car, ignoring the angry looks from her parents. She was going to hear about it all the way home and then some once they got home.