Chapter 8 - The Confrontation

POV: Y/N

I lied to Toritsuka. I feel bad about it but I don't want him to talk to Mikoto before me. I have to be the one to confront her. As much as I love Toritsuka sticking up for me, it isn't necessary.

I quickly change into my school uniform, shove breakfast into my mouth, and run out the door with my bag.

"Bye y/n!" My mom shouts.

I try to say bye back but my mouth is still full of food.

I run as fast as I can to school passing up bikers and other students. As soon as I make it to the school I find Mikoto leaning against the school building staring at her bedazzled crystal ball.

"I knew you'd be here." She smirks.

"I figured." I retort.

"It's about Toritsuka, I presume." She asks.

"Yeah. Look just because everyone calls him a pervert, and some of the things he's done are very sketchy, and he's asked out every girl at this school, and-"

"You're really not helping your case." She laughs.

"Don't. Interrupt. Me." I say very seriously.

"Shit you're scary." Mikoto says.

"Don't speak rudely to me or Toritsuka in front of us." I say sternly. "If you do, I'm sure you know what will happen."

Mikoto gives me a long stare. "You really are an odd one."

I don't respond and hold my head up high, making my way into the school building.

I'm kinda proud of myself. Those conversations usually ended in much more violent endings at my old school.

POV: Toritsuka

It was really lonely walking to school without y/n. I missed her hand in mine, her beautiful h/c hair, her boobs being near me...

"You really are disgusting." Saiki says.

I look around and find Saiki a few feet behind me.

"Saiki!" I shout and run to him.

"Good grief." He says agitated.

"I'm so glad I saw you! Now I have someone to walk with." I exclaim.

"I'd rather walk with anyone else." Saiki retorts.

"Good old Saiki." I smile.

I go on about y/n and Saiki had his usual blank expression.

"She's so pretty and-"

"I can read your thoughts Toritsuka." He reminds me.

"Why did you want to walk with me if you don't even want to talk to me?" I pout.

"I never said I wanted to walk with you. You just started following me." He informs me.

"Whatever. Anyways want to walk to class together?" I ask.

"Whether I say yes or no seems irrelevant to you." Saiki replies.

"Great." I smile. "Hopefully we'll meet up with y/n on the way. She said she had a family emergency so she wouldn't be able to meet up this morning."

"Not that I want to cause problems but that was a lie." Saiki explained.

"What? Why would she do that?" I ask.

"Because she wanted to talk to Mikoto before you could." Saiki said.

"WHAT?" I shout.

"Good grief, keep it down." Saiki said annoyed.