Chapter 19: Go

"WOW!" I don't know what to say? Kayla removes my blindfold off and the whole room looks so different. It's like it's ready for a party, there's balloons, banners, music, bubble machine. To anyone else, this might look insane coming from her, but I guess I just have got used to her crazy antics.

"What do you think?" She gestures to the room and then to herself. She looks amazing, I gulp seeing her in the sparkly sexy dress." I even got a new set of jewellery to match it." She shows me her sparkly bracelet and ring. "That's nice," I compliment her, which makes her go all shy and quiet. "You don't like compliments?" I laugh under my breath. I mean Kayla is the queen of receiving compliments, in school everyone's dying over her. "I do, it's just when you say it, it's different. It means something." She bites her thumb out of nervousness. The power of my words have such great influence on her, it's heart-wrenching to see. I didn't know how much it would affect her heart, body and mind. I always thought she was confident,  fame-hungry and controlling. But she isn't when it comes to me, she's weak because I am her weakness.

"Kayla, don't ever use my words to influence you. I know you say you love me, but you should be loved for you, just the way you are. Anything I say and do, shouldn't impact your life or your existence. I do my own thing. I might never have liked you and considered you, but I do know that I do care for you somehow, I don't want you to get ill or sick because of me. I have no power over you, that's not love, Kayla. Love is sacrifice; it works both ways and is about being able to compromise.""I know, Neo. I love you, it's not my fault, that my heart wants you. You might never love me, I might just have to live with that." She looks at me in despair. "Why don't we have our dinner, and then you can finally leave," she says in a sad tone.

After dinner

I hear the click of the cuffs and my hands are set free, fucking finally. I rub my wrists and stretch my arms. I never going to take freedom for granted again. I sit on the edge of the bed and place my foot on the floor. I can just walk out now, she gave me the code. I see my suitcases are gone, Kayla told me she placed them in her car that I can borrow. This is so weird, I can't even think straight. Four weeks ago, I wanted to fucking leave and get away from this psycho. But now, I don't why? I am taking my time. I put my converse on and then my jacket that's placed next to me when I hear a sob. I look over across onto the sofa and see Kayla lying on the sofa, crying her eyes out. My heart aches, seeing her so broken. She sees my pained face and turns to face the wall, chocking on her tears.

"Kayla?" I groan, seeing her red hot wet face, she's whimpering. "Just go, Neo." She cries out, covering her face with her arm and burying her face in the sofa. Fuck, why is my heart tearing apart, I can feel her pain and agony. I get up and walk towards her, she's curled up, but her bodies shaking. She's in pain, and I want to comfort her for some fucked up reason. But the doors just there, if I leave and not say goodbye to her, I feel like the biggest asshole ever. I sit next to her and place my hand under her arms, pulling her up. Her limp body just falls into my arms, when I hug her." I am sorry, Kayla." I rub her back gently, feeling guilty now that I am still going to report her." Just don't forget me, Neo." She buries her face in my neck, holding me so tight. "I won't, I reassure her by kissing her on her forehead.  She just stays in my arms for while,and I let her. I feel torn, when I have to let her go though. I move slowly away, and she cries out even more, knowing I am slipping away. I get up, I can't even look at her, it's I like have been punched in the gut.  I walk towards the door, her sobbing behind me. It's some over emotional shit, that I can't handle and my heart can't take this shit. I leave out the door, with out looking back.