Chapter 15

I wonder where we're going.

You thought as he placed you down, you fixed your clothes and looked around, you were at a park.

"It's nothing much, but just a place we can hang out." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

You gave him a soft smile and walked over to swings, he soon walked over and joined you.

You guys sat there, silent for a minute, you tried to think of something to say but couldn't.

"Tell me about yourself." He said, you turned your vision towards him. You took a deep breath to relax, before telling him everything.

"Well, I grew up in a very.. bad house. My parents died whenever I was little, so my older sister controlled me. I didn't really have any escape, it was like I was trapped. Everyday got worse, that's why I turned to-" You said as you looked down at your arms.

He looked down at them, then back at you. He nodded at you, understanding what you were saying.

"I get bullied at school, and everyday gets worse. So that's why I tried to commit. It seemed like that was only way to escape everything." You said as you looked down. You felt a hand go under your chin, lifting up your head.

"Don't worry, you're living with me, and I won't let anything happen to you. You're safe now." He said as he stared into your eyes, you gave him a smile, as he put his hand back to his side.

~~|~~

You guys have been talking for a while, cracking jokes every now and then. It has been a really fun day with Hawks.

You felt comfortable around him now, he was a really good listener.

You stood up from the swings, as he looked at you.

"Want to play a game?" You said, he raised his eyebrow and smiled. Soon he stood up and walked over to you.

"Sure, what game?" He said as he crossed his arms. You leaned in to whisper it to him, until you tapped his shoulder.

"You're it!" You said as you ran away, you heard him laughing in the distance. You kept running, until you felt a gust of wind go down your back.

You turned around to see Hawks standing there, he used his wings to fly to you. Soon he tapped your shoulder.

"You're it kid" He said as he flew off, he stayed in the sky, as you stared at him. You looked around and found a stick.

You grabbed the stick and threw it at him, as it hit his leg, you cupped your hands around your mouth.

"YOU'RE IT!" You yelled as you ran to the playground, you hid inside the slide. He wouldn't be able to reach you with his wings.

If he wants to play like that, so be it, but I will win.

You thought as you stayed quiet. It wasn't long until you heard something land on the wood chips.

"Where could you be..." He said as he walked around. You started to slip so you put your foot against the sides, trying not to slide down.

You saw a red feather come up the slide, you looked confused, until it landed against your leg. You soon saw Hawks pop his head in.

"I win" He said as he smiled, you let out a scoff and went to cross your arms, until you started sliding down the slide, landing on the wood chips.

You looked up at Hawks laughing, as you got up from the floor.

"I will win next time." You said as you crossed your arms, you were having fun, but soon you heard people shouting.

You turned your head, along with Hawks, to see people running.

"Hawks!! Can we have your autograph!" They said, he walked up to them, as you followed slowly behind him.

You stood about 4 feet from him, you saw more people coming up, starting to crowd him.

As he was doing autographs, you saw him turning to look at you every few minutes. One of the girls noticed this and walked up to you, as he was distracted.

"Who even are you, are you his girlfriend." She said as she stood in front of you, crossing her arms.

You opened your mouth to talk, until she shoved you to the floor, causing you to hit the middle of your back against the slide.

What is her problem?

You thought as you stood up, your back was hurting like hell now. You saw her friends standing behind her, blocking your view of Hawks.

You went to talk again, but she shoved you back down, even harder this time. You laid against the slide, as you glared at them.

I'm done with these fake bitches.

Just as she was about to punch you, you activated your quirk, sending sounds at the girls.

They fell down to their knees and started to scream, this caught his attention. He noticed what was happening and ran over to everyone, making you deactivate your quirk.

"Woah woah, what happened?!" He said, you looked at him, then back at the girls.

"She tried to attack us!" The girl said as she got up and ran behind Hawks. You rolled your eyes and got up, stumbling over.

Hawks walked over to you and picked you up, bridal style. You felt blood dripping down your ears, because of the large attack on the girls.

You went to talk, but he stopped you.

"Let's get home" He said as he started to fly away, you looked over his arm and saw the girls. They were all in a fit of rage, but you didn't care.

It was self defense.