Chapter 27

You woke up in the middle of the night, feeling your body trembling from the cold.

You sat up and rubbed your head, trying to go back to sleep.

It felt like something was pushing you to stay awake though.

You decided to get up and go to Keigo's room, he was really the only one that helped you sleep.

You slightly knocked on his door, trying to see if he was awake.

"Come in." He said, you opened the door to see him half asleep, as he looked over at you.

"Can I sleep in here with you.. I can't sleep.." You said as you pointed your head downwards.

You heard movement and looked up, to see Keigo moving over for you.

"Come on kid." He whispered as he smiled at you. You walked over to him and got in bed beside him.

He wrapped his arms around your waist as you laid down.

You slowly started to play with his hair, as he rested his head on your chest.

You twirled his blonde strands of hair in between your fingers. Gliding your hand through this soft roots.

"Why do you make me feel like this Y/N..?" He whispered, you looked down at him but his eyes were closed.

"What do you mean?" You questioned as you continued to play with his hair.

"Whenever I'm around you.. it's like I can be myself, without putting on a act." He whispered back to you, you felt a smile slowly creep onto your face but you didn't let it bother you.

"You make me look forward to waking up everyday." He whispered, your eyes widened as you looked down at him.

Maybe he is just saying this because he is tired. He won't remember the things I say so why not.

You thought as looked at him, continuing to play with his hair.

"Keigo.. you make me feel like I have a place in this world." You whispered to him.

It was silent for a few minutes, you looked up at the ceiling and closed your eyes.

"I don't know why, I want to be with you all the time. I get jealous every time I see a girl trying to get with you. I just wish these moments could last forever." You whispered to him, you felt your eyes start to water up but you wiped them.

You continued to play with his hair, as you started to think.

"If only this could last forever.." You mumbled under your breath.

You started to drift off to sleep until Keigo sat up. You looked over at him as he looked at you.

"I want this to last forever, whenever you got taken I couldn't get over myself, for letting you slip out of my reach. It won't ever happen again, because I'm here to protect you." He said, you sat up and gave him a hug.

He wrapped his wings around you as he pulled you into the hug.

After a few minutes, he pulled out of the hug and looked at you.

"Y/N, I don't know what would happen if I ever lost you to someone else." He whispered as he placed he arms on your shoulders.

He took a deep breath as you stared into his golden eyes.

"Will you be my girlfriend.." He said, your eyes widened as you smiled.

"Of course I will!" You said as you jumped onto him, wrapping your arms around him.

He laughed as he held onto you, you wanted to start crying of joy.

He lifted you off of him, so he can properly lay down, putting you on top of him afterwards.

You heard his heartbeat pounding through his chest, it sounded like it was running a marathon.

I can't believe this is really happening, am I dreaming?

You thought as you looked up at him, his face was a light pink, matching yours.

He looked down at you a smiled, as he leaned and kissed you on your forehead.

"I can't wait for this adventure we are going to spend together." He whispered into your ear as he laid back down.

You smiled at him and laid your head back on his chest. You were laying on top of him, as he hugged you from underneath.

"Get some rest babybird." He whispered to you.

You slowly started drifting off to sleep, with a smile on your face.